Forums

Help › Forums

Re: proshop ...

Thu, Apr 6 2017 4:41 PM (7 replies)
  • sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 6:00 PM

Gentlemen at wgt’s proshop:

This is not an earth-shattering issue and may not be of much importance but when I look through the pro shop lately, I wonder how much thought went into the selection. The line up of clubs seems to make no more sense anymore. Level 81, 82 and 83 all offer a hybrid. Then at level 93 and 98 yet another hybrid. … Am not entirely sure but you may want to check how many level 98 hybrids you sold. At that level, any player has irons that go the same distance and likely 3 wedges in their bag instead of a hybrid? Your selection of avatars also has not changed ever since I joined here. You may lose the opportunity to generate more revenue by not offering enough new stuff regularly? I for one would love to spend some credits but don’t know on what currently … PS: another idea for balls: the higher the level, the more of everything the balls get. I for example don’t like to play any ball with too much spin (above 4). But if I would like to gain a bit distance or slower meter, it generally comes with a more spinning ball. Maybe you should look at more combinations? Maybe even a ball that comes with a certain amount of points that can be freely allocated by each player: say you have 12 points per ball and decide on the point of purchase how you want them allocated: i.e. 4 distance, 3 spin, 5 meter (considering that durability should remain constant). Just a thought and I am sure there are plenty of adverse opinions out there 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 11:13 PM

If you had 12 points per ball, you could create the craziest, most impossible ball ever.

Extreme example: 12 distance, zero everything else.

Sounds like a North Korean missile.

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 11:28 PM

Obviously meant within allowed parameters … currently the highest I see is 5.5, so maybe that’s the most one could assign per category …

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 1:58 AM

K7JBQ:

If you had 12 points per ball, you could create the craziest, most impossible ball ever.

It would be interesting to watch someone play a ball with 12 distance and 0 spin.  Your description sounds perfect.  The new NK Hot Missile Ball with Radioactive, glow in the dark Vapor Trail.  Players not repairing ball marks on the green will be fined.

Currently the top level Nike ball has 17 dots total,  2.5 or which are durability.   A design a ball function would probably have to cap the maximum dots allowed for any single function to keep it within the existing game parameters.  

Custom Course Builders are 400 credits each, so something like this would also have a surcharge to make it attractive to WGT.  Probably mote than people would want to pay.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 6:46 AM

K7JBQ:

Not sure I'd like the durability being zero.  ;-)

LOL

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:39 AM

Since you'd never find the ball after the first tee shot, it wouldn't matter.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 1:39 PM

Touche'  LOL

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 4:41 PM

K7JBQ:

:)))))

RSS