Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cross Platform play

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:36 AM (9 replies)
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 8:45 AM

I was playing alt this morning and a player from the other team apologized for a bad shot because she has no mouse on her Ipad.Now the 3 other players are on Pc's so I told her it wasnt possible for crossplatform and she swears she is on a Ipad.Then I notice she has a custom avatar and I said thats not possible on mobile play but I get the answer my brother set it up.

The only way I as a Pc player can play a mobile player is if I use the emulator software but I am still playing from a Pc.

Am I wrong or something change recently or are they just lying for some reason?

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 4:24 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 4:32 PM

I don't think you can call from an iPad, can you? I don't think iPad's are mobile versions of the game.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 5:00 PM

Although not easy you can play the web version on a mobile device by using what is called a flash browser like Photon or Puffin but it is not the mobile version just playing the web version on a mobile device.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 5:13 AM

I remember Faterson playing on an iPad when they first came out sometime back around 2010, well before the WGT mobile app came to being. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 3:05 PM

I just red this and I'm using iPad air 2..I installed puffin from App Store, I can pull up the game web version. 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 4:57 PM

Guess I stand corrected,You can use the Nox app on your pc/mac and play against other mobile players which actually works very good which I have had for awhile.You can also use the Puffin app on your mobile device to play Wgtagainst Pc  web based game although Puffin ran like Chit and my 2 year old Ipad touch.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 6:21 PM

It ran awful on my 6 month old Lenovo Android tablet as well.Never saw such a jumpy meter.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 5:08 AM

Well I just bought a new tablet and thought..

" I know, I'll give WGT a try on it"

Then I thought.... ( don't laugh ) ;-)

" It's got no buttons or mouse ( obviously)" It's touch screen..

So the question is...How the hell will I click / shoot ??

Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 11:36 AM

alcaucin:
    How the hell will I click / shoot ??

The same way you would on a phone-dragging and clicking on the screen with your finger.

RSS