Forums

Help › Forums

Re: handicap system

Fri, Apr 7 2017 6:42 PM (6 replies)
  • Elvis6660
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 5:02 AM

I have been playing for a while now. At first you know nothing and you are happy with everything.

Whats been bothering more and more is the fact that strokeplay is basicly without handycap. As an amateur you get a few meters, but my experience is, that this advantage is gone after the first hit. When you are up against a tourpro or master your bound to lose.

My suggestion is:

Hacks start at -3

Amateurs start at -2

Pros start at -1

Tourpros start at E

Masters start at +1

With this system there will be a fair chance of winning for everyone.

• gtn11
    17 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 5:32 PM

might i suggest at the beginning levels you play only thoughs at the same level.....thennn as your experience increases venture out into the world of wgt......gtn

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 4:33 PM

I'm not a fan of handicaps because stats can be misleading and manipulated which plays into the hands of sandbaggers and multi's ($$ cash grab).

What I'd like to see is any person who finishes in the top 10 of any ready-go or tournament is automatically promoted to the next tier (up to Legend).  Same should hold true for any cash winnings for Match Play or Skins games.  I.e., ANY $$ won, regardless how small in match/skins automatically promotes you to the next tier.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Apr 6 2017 4:55 PM

this is not the handicap system... if u want play a real handicap is done hole by hole and every holes will give u some points... you can play your tier game on wgt to try win something but as 11bc2 said u could find players lvl 102 with a low tier with all the best equipment  : sandbagger..

i m agree with 11bc2 but is not easy find the right solution for wgt..there are players who like play only for fun and other who like play for earn credits.

• Elvis6660
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 2:54 AM

its a game and everyone should have a fair chance to win. Thats why there is a handycap system in the real world.

I think this is the reason why there are not many hacks and amateurs around. When you start, you have to except losing almost every game, for maybe 100 games, before your good enough to compete.

Again, I dont mind losing, only the lack of a fair chance.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 10:58 AM

Losing almost every game as an amateur or hack is bad?

If I can go from never touching a skateboard to being able to compete with Tony Hawk after a couple hours, it's not a sport worth doing.

That's not even mentioning the sandbaggers who are in the triple digits in level and still using the little girl tees, which has already been brought up.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Apr 7 2017 6:42 PM

if someone is interested to play handicap system u can join my cc tournament that we play in an app for phone..we use the phone only as scoreboard so we play on wgt like always and when we finish the game we post the score in the app on phone..

we play stabbleford system tournaments with purse.

the app is Wgolf tournaments and u can download free from the official google play or apple store..it depends by your device. 

if u take a look in the tournament organized section of this main forum u will see some tournaments opened in this app..at moment we have :

the major of april.. and  the third bracket..

many players play with us from all over the world and country  clubs so if u wanna try you are welcome to come and play with us.

RSS