Forums

Help › Forums

Re: …CALLOWAY MACK DADDY 60 DEGREE WEDGE

Sat, Apr 8 2017 11:53 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kram801
    441 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 7:37 PM

****NOTE*****Today I purchased the new Level 96 Calloway Mack Daddy 60 degree wedge….it flys low and hot like a 4 iron to approximately 180 yards……there must be an R&D problem with this expensive (1,995 WGT Credits) new WGT golf club...…it shows a maximum distance of 75 yards…..its trajectory is not that of any degree wedge……WGT please make a correction……this golf club should not be for sale until it works like the expensive wedge that it is…..it is certainly not 60 degrees and distance wise I already have a 4 iron….180 yards low and hot...…..Big Problem….expensive WGT Credits day for me…..I have purchased a high Level expensive wedge that does not work..….I have sold and then repurchased my Level 87 Taylormade ATV 60 Degree wedge (very good golf club)…..I am very surprised that this golf club, this purported 60 degree wedge was put up for sale...…….******NOTE****

• WGTSpaZ
    15 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:03 AM

Hey kram801,

This is a known issue with this club and we are working on rectifying this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, send us an email so that we can hep you out regarding your other club and the repurchase you made.

Cheers,

WGTSpaz

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:09 AM

WGTSpaZ:
    This is a known issue with this club and we are working on rectifying this as quickly as possible.

With all due respect, why are they not taken out of the pro shop while the issue is being dealt with? I really don't understand that.

• xxDannyxxo
    197 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 3:22 AM

yep im having same problem the day it came out i bought the levl 95 65 degree wedge & hit the distance at 100 yds & ball went 160 yds nearly oob .then yesterday morning took it out in pracice & was acting normally.

the last nite it did it again hit a 95% shot it went 160 oob FFS.

club is staying in locker room till i can read on here somewhere that problem has been resolved..

Danny.

+1 to Robert as do agree should be taken out of shop till resolved.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 10:46 AM

I would think a big part of the problem is its the weekend.  I seem to recall that updates used to take place on Tuesday nights...allowing time during the week to fix bugs.  WGT may want to rethink the Thursday night updates.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 11:54 AM

Well........Now that WGT knows that new owners of the defective club are hitting numerous balls OB because of its improper coding, I can see them not rushing into fixing it.

If for example, they sold 1000 bad clubs and  the average new owner has smacked 3 balls OB because of it.....that's a lot of new ball sales generated. A double whammy $$ grab. LoL.

And to leave known defective merchandise on the shelf for sale.....WTF is that ?   Pretty glad they aren't in the food industry .

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 2:35 PM

Given the fact that these clubs are cookie cutter made, as in they're from a club creation tool... I'm going to say this is all intentional on PG's part. 

I don't buy for one second anything that's being spun by them. 

In any event. Knowingly selling a deffective product, or item and not offering consumers a refund mechanism is illegal. 

I don't care what all the idiots and cheerleaders have to say, players here are consumers, PG is selling a product in the real world, when you buy something online with a credit card or any other form of electronic payment consumer laws are in effect. 

Selling something that you know does not function or perform as advertised and marketed is fraud, there's no grey area there.

All the Cally wedges should be pulled from the pro shop until they fix them.  Even though I do like some aspects of them, they're cleary f**ked up big time!

No one should be spending real money on these things (I didn't). 

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 3:23 PM

WGTSpaZ:
    This is a known issue with this club and we are working on rectifying this as quickly as possible

Any idead when the fix will occur? Was looking at upgrading my wedges. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 3:43 PM

Anyone who lost balls with the Cally wedges should notify Customer Service.  The one time I had a club issue that resulted in lost balls, they were quick to replace a sleeve to make it right.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Apr 5 2017 12:46 PM

WGTSpaZ:

WGTSpaz

Way off topic but how come we can have a mod called WGTSpaZ yet I'm not allowed to call anyone a f**ktard?  Even when they clearly are.

Is PC selective these days?

• PAGES
RSS