Forums

Help › Forums

Re: country club credit account

Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:13 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 9:42 PM

We do what AlaskanDame does.  Solicit members to put up a prize amount which is expected to be taken in merchandise (usually balls), then gift the prize.  No WGT tax there.  (If recipient wants the prize in credits, OK but he or she eats the tax. We are clear on that.)

Other comment.  On club premium tournament, WGT takes 20% tax.  But if sponsor of tournament puts up a credit purse, no tax on that and sponsor has usual options to distribute purse.

And club bank was coming soon when I joined WGT 5.5 years ago.

Tom.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 5:14 AM

One of my clubs Directors came up with an idea to use a Pay Pal account.

Members can make deposits to that account and works well

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 8:09 AM

The problem with letting cc members just go ahead and deposit funds into the cc is that the CC owner, directors and/or board of the cc  if it has one can boot the player at any time. ........Even if the kick out was warranted the player has now left behind credits and WGT probably does not want to deal with that ..... A simple notice letting anyone who does contribute funds that being kicked out, or leaving the CC forfeits their contributed credits /funds may work,but there is always gonna be someone who gets booted and then wants whatever credits they put in the club back.... Every club has a different standard for these kind of matters..... That has to be a very tough call for WGT >considering there are some real **$#$ CC owners out there, and some just as bad and worse members........... If I was in a club at the moment and this was on option I would probably put some credits in the club bank, I am in between being able to buy new clubs. But what happens when a country club member invests credits to the club and then does not like how those credits are used to pay out tournament wins or prizes,... I feel like it's a good idea, but maybe you owners need to chip in your thoughts so that WGT could find a way to make it work where they would not have to babysit all of your country clubs in order to make the CC bank work.....

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 12:39 PM

I can only speak for myself and my club , Bank deposits are optional and not expected or required ,  I've never kicked anyone out of the club that has deposited credits into our account , And if I did I would refund the credits to that person . 

As far as how the credits are used ,  We have a thread in the club forum that has every transaction , So everyone knows where the money goes and how it is spent .  If someone has a problem with that then I would refund their credits , Or they should not donate credits to the bank .

We have has a bank for well over a year now , beginning in July 2016 and no problems .  With the exception of rogue entrants into bank deposit tournaments ,  Bank deposit tournaments are suppose to be for champion tier only, however sometimes the creator of said tournament makes a mistake and accidentally makes it for all tier levels .Otherwise we have no problems .

We have 12,000 credits in our bank account at the moment , Most of the credits are used for club tournaments , I do send out CC passes for the clash to members who want to play and need them .

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 12:49 PM

Sounds pretty good for you me Everett, but you know the other several hundred CC's might not have such an easy time making sure there are no problems with the CC members who contributed to the CC, credits wise.. Anyway you must have a well managed CC if you all get along enough to stash credits.. Congrats...

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Mon, Feb 19 2018 3:09 PM
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2018 4:03 PM

Mcduff61:

Sounds pretty good for you me Everett, but you know the other several hundred CC's might not have such an easy time making sure there are no problems with the CC members who contributed to the CC, credits wise.. Anyway you must have a well managed CC if you all get along enough to stash credits.. Congrats...

He does, and runs the Bushwackers. One of the very best clubs in the game.

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Tue, Feb 20 2018 8:02 PM

Mcduff61:
    The problem with letting cc members just go ahead and deposit funds into the cc is that the CC owner, directors and/or board of the cc  if it has one can boot the player at any time. ........Even if the kick out was warranted the player has now left behind credits and WGT probably does not want to deal with that

You make a good point, and I just noticed that the Bank option, with promise of "Coming Soon" is gone.  I had not checked in a while so I do not know how long it has been gone.

• Rick6208
    2,142 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 10:29 AM

Interesting idea! I looked under country clubs and did not find this bank account option? Is this available for mobile app Clubs ? Anyone know?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 3:13 PM

Rick6208:

Interesting idea! I looked under country clubs and did not find this bank account option? Is this available for mobile app Clubs ? Anyone know?

it never happened. It was on the coming soon list for a year or so and they even had a bank account tab on the CC page on the game client page that said coming soon. Then one update about 5 or 6 months ago it was removed from the coming soon list and the tab was also removed.

• PAGES
RSS