Help › Forums

Re: Heavy brush

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:26 PM (3 replies)
  • Imjwest1
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 10:03 AM

Hello,

First off let me start by saying that I hope this post is in the correct place, and I'm not wasting anyone's time. I am a newbie. I consider myself to be a descent player. However, there is usually at least 1 hole on most every course that kills my golf game. Forcing me to take the maximum amount of shots. Most of the time I think it's in heavy brush. Sometimes it even happens on low rough as well. I swing my club and the ball travels about 2 inches. I swing again with the same result. If someone, anyone can help me out I would totally owe all of my future golf success to you and would be forever grateful.

Please Help,  Imjwest1

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 6:42 PM

on the right of the page you'll see 'search' type in Rough Chart or 'playing from rough'Do your math and use your Punch with one of your wedges to the closest part of the fairway.

Good luck

Siders Best

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:26 PM

you'll probably get better advice than this but when I get in heavy brush hit a shot on maximum power with whatever club they select for you

the majority of the time you'll only get these lies near greens but trust the club on full power and the ball will come out with no problem. do try and hit as close as possible to the ding though

good luck

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 7:48 PM

Firstly welcome to the forums.

In a nutshell, your clubs are low level. Therefore if you are finding yourself in deep rough, chances are it will be difficult to get out.

Therefore the best thing is to avoid the rough, so plan yourself around the course, do not cut corners and play safety first.

But even then, you will click early or late.......and into the deep stuff.

Play for the closest part of the fairway - if that means sideways or backwards.....you should.

I use punch and full top spin - and always a high lofted club (use your best wedge, not the starters). In time you will work out the carry and may able to cut off a little more...but the priority should be to get the ball back into play.

Obviously better clubs will help.......but take your time and always ask for advice.

Have fun.

RSS