Re: New Courses

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 13 2017 1:47 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Mar 11 2017 4:30 PM

pmm711:

On here, the variety is rather incredible.  I truly doubt I'll ever play the European courses available in this game in RL, but if I ever do get the opportunity, then this game has given me a primer as to how to approach that particular course.

You folks should count the blessings this game provides.

+1

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Mar 11 2017 10:50 PM

pmm711:
    I truly doubt I'll ever play the European courses available in this game in RL,

Add a few of the US courses, too. OAK, OLY, CCC - I doubt that more than a handful of WGT members get the opportunity to play them IRL.

I'd also add the costs. I've been dreaming of playing Pebble for ten+ years now, but for the experience itself, I'd have to squirrel aside 1,000 $ minimum (incl. hotel stay). STA is close to that, and even RSG has reached a greenfee which may exceed the worth of it, though it's only a good hour's jet hop from here.

pmm711:

+1!

"Playing" and seeing(!) them from the comfort of our seats is priceless to me.
    I LOVE the views!!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 12:29 PM

alosso:

pmm711:
    I truly doubt I'll ever play the European courses available in this game in RL,

Add a few of the US courses, too. OAK, OLY, CCC - I doubt that more than a handful of WGT members get the opportunity to play them IRL.

I'd also add the costs. I've been dreaming of playing Pebble for ten+ years now, but for the experience itself, I'd have to squirrel aside 1,000 $ minimum (incl. hotel stay). STA is close to that, and even RSG has reached a greenfee which may exceed the worth of it, though it's only a good hour's jet hop from here.

pmm711:

+1!

"Playing" and seeing(!) them from the comfort of our seats is priceless to me.
    I LOVE the views!!

+1 to everyone who mentioned the courses.   Many are private, members only facilities.  So the chances of someone knowing a member and getting an invite are very small, to say the least.  I agree the views are excellent.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 1:17 PM

pmm hit the nail on the head with regards to joining a real life club - you spend years trying to master that one course.....unsuccessfully. Occasionally you will play inter club matches, get invites but that home track is like the back of your hand.

You know it very well, know how to play it, but every shot, every day is different.

But even then, you probably play it once or twice a week, in my case I used to try to play 3 times.......on here I can play that in one hour. So we get to know the courses on here faster, and we do not have to contend with grip changes, swing imperfections, stance variations.......hence why statistically this game makes a mockery of the scoring and courses.

+1 to the costs, I have played STA and KIA in real life, both expensive and hard to get onto. A mate played PB, cost him $400 - 500 bucks. Great course, he loved it, but was it worth it? In his eyes yes, and once upon a time, I would have done so too. Now I see there are courses, perhaps not as well known or good, but reflect much better value.

I too love the views, especially when the camera zooms out for panoramic views. Some bring back memories, others I think wow, great course (and these are views you never get from the ground). I suppose it transports you to that course, albeit briefly.

Yes I would like new courses, as one thing WGT does, is make a virtual golf course great. Economically and viability need to be taken into account.....I want this game to be around after I take a break from playing, I want it to be here in a years time....and way past that.

If some players want to bankroll new courses, well I am fine with that.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 2:10 PM

alosso:

Although we won't be playing on one of the courses you mentioned above...on April 27 myself, lvietri, eingmund and hopefully fuzzygazz will be getting together to play at Bethpage irl. We won't be playing the Black course as they don't allow golf carts to be used and there is no way we're going to schlep our bags all over that course...so we've decided to play the Red course.

If anyone is interested in joining us I'm sure accommodations could be made and I'm sure the others would love to have you join us. Send me a pm, or post on my wall if interested.

MC

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:50 PM

JDSKIER:

Well, I don't fall into that category, I play all the courses available and all the tournaments. When was the last time there was a new course added to the regular rotation? 

You`ve been a member since Apr.2011 and you only have782 ranked rounds . Once you actually put some time in to really learn not only the courses but the game as well , then you can say that we need more courses . You want the game to be more of a challenge like others have said tier up . Once you get to the tips this game will never play the same for you .

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 8:00 PM

JDSKIER:

I have to say first of all that I do enjoy this game although there are a few things that drive me crazy. The speed of the greens. I realize that it is a game but lets make it a little more realistic. Also, maybe some new courses for everyday play. I've been here for a while (2011?) and have not seen any new regular courses other than for special tournaments.

Any thoughts?

learn to play these course first half decent before u worry about others your scores are pretty brutal to be complaining imho lol

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 1:47 AM

JDSKIER:
    And I'm saying that the greens aren't real world.

Sorry you mentioned the greens twice in this thread. I assumed you meant they were too slow, so can you elaborate on your issues with the greens?

• PAGES
RSS