Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just started my club question

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 26 2017 5:34 AM (4 replies)
  • Aaronshoe87
    6 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 10:59 AM

first off  I really enjoy this game as a new golfer addict it helps me to enjoy the courses for when I am at work. My main question is this as a club owner what do I have to do in the future when I see fit  for the club how can I conduct a tournament aka start one?

thank you.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:08 PM

Aaron,

If you go to your CC home page, there is a drop down menu called Club Tournaments.  As the owner, when you hover over it, you should see an option called Create New Tournament.  Click that.  Once it loads you will see options you can choose, for type of game (stroke or CTTH), Tiers allowed to enter, and a drop down menu for the courses available.

Play with it a bit to see how it works.  You are always asked do you want to publish a tournament to the CC at the end when you click the 'Create Tournament" button.  You can cancel and go back to change more settings.  Or close the window and never finish, to come back and start again completely later.

Good Luck and thank you for your service.

phred952

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:11 PM

Aaron,

Welcome and glad you enjoy this easily addictive game.  You're a new player and brave one at that...opening a Country Club (CC) as an amateur is an aggressive move.  Cheers and best of luck to you in this endeavor.  As to how to manage tournaments and things as an owner I've included a pic of a CC's Main Page...You get to this page by clicking on the CC name from your profile page...

1) You create tournaments from the areas I marked #1 in the pic above.  From this area you choose the courses, what tiers can play, choose tees and green speeds, etc.  You'll become an expert in setting up tourneys in no time.  Very easy.

2) The CC Forum you access via either area marked #2 in the pic above.  You'll know what to do w=once you're in there.

3) Then as an Owner of a CC you have Owner's/Club Tools marked #3 in the pic above.  From that area you can invite people to join your CC, delete members, etc.  You can also make members Directors...they'll have less power than you and you grant them when you want to allow them to do.

The site is very basic and I'm sure you'll figure it all out from here.

Again...Best of Luck!

Paul

P.S. If they are fatigues in your profile pic...and you served...thank you for your service!

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 4:25 AM

Great post guys

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2017 5:34 AM

Great post and great pic, Paul!

Except for one detail: Member deletion is not in the tools but in the members list - owners click on the three dots to the right of the names to change their status or delete them.

Member status is important in conjunction with the permissions table which is in the owner tools (see CC tools). Check the defaults and change them at will.

One thing you should change: Allow Directors to "Update Club Messages" to release this option for you, the owner, too. (You need not assign any Directors.) These are three message fields to your disposal, right below #1 in the above picture. The first one is visible to all visitors, ##2 and 3 can only be accessed by your members.

RSS