Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why not open up ALL the courses

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 15 2017 11:40 AM (5 replies)
  • civman
    706 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:29 PM

Why not make all the courses in your inventory open to 18 hole play.  You have such wonderful courses that are only open to CTTH play.  You certainly could charge usage fees. 1 new course every 2 years isn't cutting it anymore.  Please OPEN up all the courses for play.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 10:18 PM

It is not as simple as that unfortunately.

First they would need to agree contractual terms.

The CTTH courses were only ever shot as CTTH courses, To create ful courses would require hundreds of thousands of additional photos before the could be programmed, 

It was been asked many times and a search would have documented this. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:43 PM

civman:

1 new course every 2 years isn't cutting it anymore. 

You got answer reg CTTH courses but regarding this.

Totally agree, input from topgolf was supposed to kick some finances into this game, or so we were led to believe.

Erin Hills next ? Believe so.

2 pin placements ? Doubt it

Have they another set of pin placements for Chambers/ Pebble but problem with programming ? Yes, i do believe so.

• Greg91255
    22 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 8:57 AM

I wonder if WGT would consider using photo images for the Open courses and computer generated images for other courses.  The costs would be significantly less and we would be able to play more courses.  The old Links series did this and the courses looked nice and that was almost twenty years ago.  When you think about it the golfer we use is computer generated. Just a thought.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 11:17 AM

I have not mastered the ones that are available now. When I can score 27 or better on each course regularly I'd be trilled to have a new one. Just a thought. ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2017 11:40 AM

bubbsboy:
    input from topgolf was supposed to kick some finances into this game, or so we were led to believe.

Not sure where you saw that but the only anybody from TopGolf to show up here was the newbie-MisterWGT-and he sure didn't say anything about an infusion of cash. 

RSS