Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any and all help, please

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 8 2017 9:06 PM (8 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 8:14 AM

I could really use some help from those who have worked their way to the top.  I am currently at the legend tier, but cannot seem to get my avg. to come down.  I've searched these forums endlessly, and have pages of notes, all very good tips from all of you.  I know I have to be missing something, (other than the ball in the hole, lol).  My equipment, seems to be well plotted for distances, I've learned all the shots, ie punch, flop etc. and spend endless times on practice rounds.  I believe that my course management is very well utilized, I'm just getting so flustered, and very discouraged.  I love playing the coin games, because I get to meet so many of you, but since my reaching this level,  friends have disappeared, rapidly.  I'm beginning to think that I moved up too fast, and just haven't paid my dues, not going to go to the conspiracy theories,  lol.  Anyway if any of you could take the time to help, it would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:02 AM

I think you just aren't playing enough ranked rounds.  Only 99 is very few as only they will count towards your average.

Other than that your stats are very good, better than mine apart from sand save and scrambling.  An average distance to pin of 11 feet is something most champions would salivate over.

And for such a new player to already have more birdies than pars is quite an achievement.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:06 AM

what do you struggle with the most?

for me when i went to legend the biggest problem was the length of the holes, everything changed to me when i got the level 90 irons and the R1 287 Driver, things become much easier then.

plus you really should play some 18 hole rounds :)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:43 AM

This is my dilemma,  don't seem to have one thing in particular that I struggle with.  In one round, I seem to have more auto taps than drives, in others I seem to just get some bad breaks, like the ball jumping straight right, or left  when it hits the ground. ( just part of the games learning curve). As far as shooting ranked rounds, I have no idea how I rose thru the ranks.  I just started playing the ranked rounds to advance, when I made tour master.  Not sure how I made it that far by just playing coin games, unless it was under the mysterious sandbagger rules.  But I don't belive that was the case, as to I don't play tourneys,  club clashes, nothing for credits or money.  I have 50 rounds as a tour master, and right now  33 as a legend.   Does 18 hole rounds help or hinder you as a count for ranked rounds? 

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:51 AM

L to TL isn't that were you need the 500 RRs  to saturated and @ 60 or below to advance?

And 9 hole rounds will get you there twice as fast as 18 hole rounds. I'm just saying:)

Siders Best

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:52 AM

Since Jan 31th, you have payed for twelve sleeves of L61 Nikes, and you have played about 30 ranked stroke play rounds with an average score of 32.3. That corresponds to your status as a 64.67 average Legend.

So, to become better, you'd have to lower your scores.

I'm afraid to tell you that coin games won't bring you any further - they are "just for fun" as all the MP games are, regardless if on mobile or PC.

Also practice rounds have never brought you any further - you can as well practice on the tournaments!

IMHO, you need to play ranked (strokeplay) rounds or tournaments in order to push your average down.

But, you'd also have to seek those coin and match play games for the fun of it! Nothing but the fun of playing will bring you to your next goal!!!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 4:06 PM

Yes I have gotten alot of golf balls,  as you said I've played 33 ranked rounds since the 31st, and 148 coin games.  If you do that math it should be just about on the mark. But I'm not sure what that has to do with lower my score.  Sorry not trying to be nasty to you, I've read alot of your posts and some have worked out quite well, some not so much. My dilemma is that I don't seem to have any one single problem that I can see.  My stats hold up to others, and I even tried the new clubs that just came out, hoping to find that little edge.  Maybe it just is meant for me to be here at this tier.i keep pouring over these posts and forums, hoping to find that key to unlock a hidden secret box to aid in my advancement.   Thanks for all your help.  Hope I can someday play against some of you.  

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 8:11 PM

It just takes time.  You will have to play 500 Ranked Rounds as a Legend before you can make TL, in addition to the equal to or less than 60 average required.  The Coin games do not count for any of those rounds or for your average.  

You have good equipment.  I don't know exactly when you made Legend.  But the game changed quite a bit.  Longest Tees, making your approach shots longer.  Meaning you are shooting with long irons instead of a mid iron.  Green Speeds also got faster.

Your stats are very good, especially for how long you have been playing.  Just work on trying to gradually improve.  Perhaps track one thing at a time.  See if you can lower your average distance to the pin in each round you play for example.  Work on your putting in conjunction with your approach distance.

Biggest thing is don't get frustrated and enjoy the game.  Make friends and enjoy the social aspect of the game.  You will get to TL in time.  Don't try to push.

Good Luck,

phred952

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2017 9:06 PM

Once again: Ranked rounds are the major source of average adjustment, coin games do not count to this respect.

I don't see your coin game number, but I see that you have only 101 ranked rounds in total, some 30 or 40 as a Legend. Certainly, there is room for improvement in knowledge of the courses and general course management.

As was said above, try to improve your stats to improve your scores.

Any missed FW from the tee is a hindrance,

any missed GIR is as well,

any bunker shot puts you back, water shots even more,

and any putt no. above 12 on nine holes.

RSS