Forums

Help › Forums

Re: UKGE VS EAST COAST

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 31 2017 5:43 AM (35 replies)
  • Dstylie
    774 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 9:33 AM

Played a nice match vs George(georgebird) today. Lucky for me I started out putting well while George had a ton of lipouts and was able to build a nice lead. George warmed up and started making a lot of nice birdies on the back 9 and had me sweating but I managed to roll in a long one on 16 for the 3&2 win.

Great meeting you George. Very nice gentelman and would be a pleasure to play with you anytime.

Doug

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 6:29 PM

just played dav earlier today (tursand) in a nice easy going friendly,plenty of time for more chat and to concede some 5ft putts,its much better going all the way to the 9th and thoroughly enjoying a game

this to to me is what these CC comps are all about,found so much more about dav than when we played 1st time around,dont get me wrong we had plenty of chit chat in the 1st game but so much more relaxed in this one,we al havel the i must win streak at no cost in us but it was such a pleasure and joy to play dav again i look forward to many more

i fully recommend if you get a chance to play your opponent again its a no brainer,enjoy and all keep safe

hopefully a friend on here for a long time,cheers for the invite dav

by the way this was only possible beacause by mistake i left myself green  after a matchplay game last night with a fellow UKGE member.a nice surprise and glad i did

cheers     mark.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2017 2:03 AM

mark is a fine gentleman and talented player, i consider myself lucky to have come across him during a cc vs cc competition. long after the our tournament results have been forgotten i will still have a great friend and that truly is what it's all about here on WGT.

Dav

• iainmclean
    1,290 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2017 7:24 AM

iainmclean 3 down johntonya 0689

Sorry to report a loss to East Coast's John.....a good player and very nice fella.

I went 1 up but John got it back quickly and then, with some exceptional approach shots (within 3 feet) was 2 up at the turn. He then went 4 up after 12 holes, however, I found my second wind and won 2 holes. 

Unfortunately, at the 16th, I got metered on my 2nd shot and John went on to win the hole to win 3 and 2.

Iain

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Sat, Jan 28 2017 8:05 AM

a bromance in the making i think lol, its what its all about guys :)

i'd like to congratulate east coast on a comprehensive victory, some outstandingly consistent play from you guys to take the win...well played all.

a big thanks to my fellow captain dav for making this an enjoyable and easy comp to arrange..with only 3 games left to finish its been a pleasure mate we'll defo have to do it again some time

and lastly a huge thanks to both sets of players for playing your games in a competitive but friendly spirit which is why these cc v cc comps are wgt at its best.

cheers

paul

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Tue, Jan 31 2017 5:43 AM

this has been a grand competition run by a true gentleman from the UKGE, thewonderstuff.

as captain of the East Coast team i would like to thank the UKGE and ofcoarse the hard working East Coast team for delivering a win for our country club.

Turfsand

RSS