Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Harsher Punishment for Forfeits

Sun, Sep 2 2018 12:25 AM (48 replies)
  • pvcerod
    92 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 5:12 PM

( I don't think WGT can distinguish between those who deliberately quit and those who fail to complete a game because of technical issues. )

They must be able to distinguish something as repeat offenders end up with Orange Ticks ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 5:32 PM

pvcerod:
    They must be able to distinguish something as repeat offenders end up with Orange Ticks ;)

So are you suggesting everyone with an orange tick gets a time out from the game?

No business will do that - as I pointed out, even quitters spend money and would be plain bad business sense. .

Personally I liked the system that was based over 10 games or so (I can't remember how it worked exactly) but LOTS of players complained, hence why it changed to a more lenient colour system.

But that also coincided with when the game itself was unstable - luckily it has been pretty good lately.

The key is playing with friends and CC mates - how often do they quit? If you play with randoms.....then there is a good chance you will come across them....caveat emptor

• webbjoseph
    937 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 5:39 PM

You will always have Quiters in this game, i have 2 pages of players that have quit on me, I have never quit in this game on any one. they don't play for fun they play just to win, if they see there not going to win then they quit, Like i said i have 2 pages front and back so if i play them again i will call them out in the game, Hey you quit on me before so just quit now and the rest of us can have some fun. or just don't play them any more. and you know when some one is having problems it starts right off, not on the last 2 holes. my 2 cents

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 5:48 PM

Your CC has 100 members. I would suggest trying to find the players in there that like MP games and start up a healthy friends list. If you take "Pot Luck" when looking for a player then you never quite know what ye shall receive.

That being said, some of my best and most reliable playing partners have come from the random pool of death. ;-)

• Gundleace
    18 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 5:56 PM

I've complained about this problem forever. Nothing is being done about it. I've just told myself that forfeiting little babies are a big part of this game. It's unfortunate because apart from the annoying stuff eg. FORFEITING PUNKS!!! I really enjoy the game. It's ok WGT we all know "it's a business thing" right???

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 5:59 PM

x

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 6:09 PM

pvcerod:

The only thing they distinguish is the percentage of times the person didn't complete the game they started. It doesn't matter what the reason was. 

• Dangeris
    27 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 2:55 AM

I think that punishment is one thing, but it's really difficult I'd guess. Maybe rewarding the remainers until the last hole could be a good possibility?

RSS