Help › Forums

Re: Hello All

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 16 2017 11:32 AM (4 replies)
  • SCOTTISHxPRIDE
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 3:45 PM

Have a problem.

I am running Norton Security, love the program, and have  used it for years. Recently, after learning about this golf game, i fell in love and love the game. I downloaded VGG CADDY PRO. As i am learning to use it, my golf scores have improved somewhat. Realizing that in time practice will make a better golfer. Now for the rub as they say. 

When unzipping the file, and trying to load VGG CADDY PRO, Norton is flagging it as a security risk, and auto-deleting it. I must each time shut-down Norton, load it, then turn Norton back on. 

1st.). Is there a way to keep Caddy up on the desktop at all times, for easier loading?

2nd.). How do i fix Norton to stop auto-flagging this?

3rd.). Thank you kindly ahead of time for the info. Maybe i'll have the pleausre of Golfing with you someday. 

Yours truely;

Tex.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2017 8:14 PM

You can fire Norton. Norton is notorious for flagging programs that are not widely used.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 6:54 PM
    hello from the other side
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 7:56 PM

You should be able to tell Norton that it's legit.  Head into the settings and look for something like white list, add exception/exclusion etc..

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 11:32 AM

[/quote] hello from the other side [quote user="MrFunnyWobbl"]

Hellfire Vince, didn't know you'd passed over. How, when and what happened mate?

Such a young age too.

RSS