Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Las Vegas Knights Vs. Fair Play G.C.

Sun, Jan 22 2017 12:54 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rhud2
    1,333 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 4:34 AM

Played Brian last night in a classic down to the wire match, took 20 holes to decide.

I took a 2 up lead at the turn as Brian's game shifted gears and made some great shots and putts to mount a fabulous comeback. He birdies 10 and then eagles 12 to square the match. He hits a beauty on 17 to 2' to take a 1 up lead going to 18, i birdie 18 to square the match. On the first xtra hole Brian makes a great 2 putt from 80' and on the 20th hole he lips a 10' putt and i make mine to end the match.

Great match Brian and well played sir.

Rhud2       1up win

vs

Bwander 

Robert

• Lakeside1952
    351 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 9:29 AM

Lost to Dubfore(michael) 2 up

Enjoyable round, trounced by a fellow irishman.

WP Michael gg

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 9:43 AM

I was two up after 3 and 3 up at the turn due to some nice putts, giving me 5 birdies (-4) on front 9. 

Seán (lakeside) didn't take the chances he had to get it closer, being one down at only one hole after 2nd.   Back 9 was more even, but I'm sure Seán has had and will have better days on Chambers.  We finished on 17,  2 & 1 to the FPGC

A good match against a sound Irish man.

• Texsoon
    359 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 3:45 PM

Just played Rod (Roccorod).  We had an unbelievable match!!!!.   Rod is a fantastic guy and great player.  This match was epic,  Rod jumped out early on me.  On 2 he holed about a 27 footer.  on 3 the long par 3 he hit an amazing shot 2 foot away.  On 4 he is in the bunker throws it up 2 foot away.  the next thing I know he is 3 up on me.

We battle back and forth.  I get lucky hit some long putts and throw a few in close.  I slowly and luckily climb back in the match.  I finally tied it up only to have Rod take the lead back.  Then we go back and forth.  Anyway, at the end of 18 we are tied.  On the 19th hole his 6 foot putt to tie lips out and I was fortunate enough to win one up after 19.

It was a match for the ages played against a man who has a great game.  I feel very very fortunate to have won this one.

The chat was great and much fun.  Rod is a super guy.

Jim  (Texsoon)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 10:21 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to all the participating players of Fair Play G.C. for a fine CC Vs CC competition.

Regardless of the final result there's been nothing but positive comments in our forum about the members of your club and it's been a genuine pleasure meeting and playing with you all, which is what this is all about.

Thanks again, and hats off to Fair Play G.C.

Nigel.

• DanWidget
    1,307 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 12:40 PM

I concur with Nigel, our club has really enjoyed our matches agianst your club you are a great bunch and regardless of results the comradarie and friendlyness of all of your members has been a real pleasure.

Wish Fair Play G.C. all the best for the future.

Phil 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 12:54 AM

Thank you all for the games, and for getting them played so quickly.  All very sporting and friendly.  I asked Steve if you'd like to match up the same pairs in stroke play?

Cheer, Michael.

• PAGES
RSS