Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Slow moving dots

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 15 2017 8:40 PM (3 replies)
  • firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 11:31 AM

I haven't played much since the first of November due to a family illness, but I am now trying to get back into the game like I was before but I am having a problem getting my putting back! My first game back I thought the dots on the greens were moving slower than I remember. So I thought I better spend my cache and eat my cookies, but that didn't change anything. So I tried other browsers and that didn't change things. 

Is it just me or has the dots on the green slowed down? I know I was gone for a while but I don't remember having such a problem in reading a putt. ''

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2017 3:31 PM

I wouldnt necessarily say the dots have slowed,but since you were gone a while your eyes have to readjust to it and maybe you have a better meter now;But id suggest using the reverse view on the putts plus the chip view to get a better feel for the breaks.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 11:16 AM

Check how busy your computer's CPU is as the dots play on your computer.

Use Task Manager to Advantage

If your CPU is very busy and at or near 100% of it's performance the dots probably will be slow or even move at an uneven speed.

If your computer's CPU is very busy during the down swing, the swing meter will also play at an uneven speed.

Bowser and system caches need to be cleared. Flash Player settings can also impact the dots and the meter.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2017 8:40 PM

ApexPC:

Check how busy your computer's CPU is as the dots play on your computer.

Use Task Manager to Advantage

If your CPU is very busy and at or near 100% of it's performance the dots probably will be slow or even move at an uneven speed.

If your computer's CPU is very busy during the down swing, the swing meter will also play at an uneven speed.

Bowser and system caches need to be cleared. Flash Player settings can also impact the dots and the meter.

You hit the nail on the head about flash settings! I unchecked the box for hardware acceleration and restarted the browser and now the dots are back to normal. Never had this problem before but all is well now. Now I just have to learn to read them correctly!

RSS