Re: Pin positions

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 10 2017 6:15 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2017 4:32 PM

youngman12:

Not also that I would like to see different pin placements on the greens, even adding a couple of different pin placements would make the game more interesting, but let's get some new courses on here for stroke play as well. Will that be coming in the near future? youngman12

Many don't appreciate just how much goes into putting an 18 holes photo realistic golf course on WGT.

We should get Erin Hills soon, per WGT's agreement with the USGA.

Other courses have to agree to let WGT photography their course and use it here on WGT. The legal aspects alone are pretty involved, let alone the $$$$$$$$'s that have to change hands.

The process, from start to finish, for just one course is 6 to 12 months, or more.

• vadernader
    62 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2017 5:51 PM

ApexPC:

youngman12:

Not also that I would like to see different pin placements on the greens, even adding a couple of different pin placements would make the game more interesting, but let's get some new courses on here for stroke play as well. Will that be coming in the near future? youngman12

Many don't appreciate just how much goes into putting an 18 holes photo realistic golf course on WGT.

We should get Erin Hills soon, per WGT's agreement with the USGA.

Other courses have to agree to let WGT photography their course and use it here on WGT. The legal aspects alone are pretty involved, let alone the $$$$'s that have to change hands.

The process, from start to finish, for just one course is 6 to 12 months, or more.

It's cool to be a white knight and defend WGT from time to time but I feel like people have points when they complain about new pin positions/courses. WGT has been around for many many years now and yet the new pin positions/courses have been at the same rate pretty much since the beginning (the abysmally slow one, that is). Doesn't it make sense that as time goes on and (hopefully) they become more successful that they can afford to hire more people and add new courses/pins at a faster rate? 

Maybe that's just my opinion though. At least they added a "putting green" after all these years I guess................

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2017 8:05 PM

@ApexPC

Thanks for posting that video. I had never seen it before. Personally, I'm amazed at the product that they're able to deliver. That's not to say that I haven't said bad words about or at it from time-to-time. But that just another aspect of the realism of the game. :-)  

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 6:15 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

alosso:
    Methinks that they are rather unwilling to do so.

Think the CTTH and full 18 might have been shot separately. Most other courses camera views match between the 2 formats but for PB they seem different, for eg CTTH#2 and full 18 #6 seem really different

You are correct vaibhab5viv the CTTH photos and the full course were photographed at least 4 years apart. And the CTTH photos were most likely never mapped for anything other than CTTH play.

• PAGES
RSS