Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Loft vs Spin

Sat, Apr 16 2011 4:22 AM (7 replies)
  • raiderrob67
    70 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 11:27 PM

I have noticed that there are a lot of people that  dont know how to put loft on there shots.many think that simply by hitting low on the ball or using wedges that provide loft is enough.These people are missing a big part of there game.loft can be achieved by bringing the aiming arrow toward you,the close it gets to where you are standing the more loft you get.so if you are on the tee and the wind is with you and you want to make a long drive bring the arrow in about half way and put some top spin(hit the top of the ball)on it.I made a drive with a 15 mph wind and it went 304 on the fly.put loft on the ball with a back spin will help on shots like #3 on BPB.with the right wind and loft you can stop your ball on a dime,even when using a driver.one thing i should mention is that it can sometimes be hard to adjust the loft and keep your aim where you want it.the angles can get kind of goofy,and WGT's wacky prospectives dont help.any way give loft a try,it might change your game for the better.

• zoocorp
    180 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 12:43 AM

So what you're saying rob is on my drive where the aim triangle is @ 235 that I should bring it back to say 150 to create higher loft on the drive?

• ALUMGOLD
    150 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 1:49 AM

HORSE CHIPS

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 6:23 AM

Hard to believe the aiming arrow would have to do with anything other than the aim...  Call me skeptical.  

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 7:28 AM

simply not true, lol...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 8:49 AM

So I guess that the reason if you pull the arrow so far back that it's behind you, you create so much back-loft the ball flies in reverse?

Lol

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 1:40 PM

Tried and failed.

Next!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 4:22 AM

What  you are doing is seeing the changes in the aiming arc but this has not effect on the game or the shot. The aiming arc on here is just that, for aiming only.

RSS