Forums

Help › Forums

How to Post Direct Links to Replays

Wed, Mar 30 2016 9:51 AM (59 replies)
  • pillsy
    489 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 10:39 AM

Try and do this on every hole.  It really should bring down your scores!

Good strategy

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:20 AM

I'm implementing this strategy immediately.   (Thank you, also, for showing us how to post direct links to replays; I couldn't figure out the correct structure of the link before.)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:34 AM

The key to this strategy is to aim at the dead center of the flagstick.  1/32nd of an ince left or right and you bounce away.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:35 AM

Ugh!  Ince = inch

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:56 AM

"Oh, man. That was so much easier than putting. I should just try to get the ball in one shot every time." - Happy Gilmore

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 12:00 PM

<quote=Faterson>I'm implementing this strategy immediately.    (Thank you, also, for showing us how to post direct links to replays; I couldn't figure out the correct structure of the link before.)</quote>

i had to "email to a friend," and since i don't have any friends, i sent it to myself then pasted that link in the message, hi-lighted it, and then clicked the "insert/edit link" button above.  don't know if that's the easiest/best way to do it, but apparently it works :dunno:

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 1:42 PM

Yeah, I thought the email might be a way to discover the correct format of the link. WGT should really make it easier for users to post direct links to their replays, especially here in the forums, where players often refer to replays on their profile pages & wish for fellow forum users to watch those replays.

To sum up what we've learned, if you want to send a link to one of your replays in a forum post, use this format:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=number

Instead of number, you must insert the ID number of your replay. You can find out what the number is by launching the replay directly from your profile page, and looking at the address bar. The replay's link in the address bar will be:

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?
    view=showReplay&JSON={%20"GUID"%20:%20"
    number",
    %20"Brand"%20:%20"undefined"%20}

The location highlighted in red, surrounded by quotation marks, is where you can find & copy the ID number of your replay.

• lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 2:02 PM

didn't work so well for gshaker.  was also a lot more fun to watch (still laughing).

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 2:34 PM

Nice shot! straight in the cup lol thats crazy.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:57 AM

I keep getting inquiries about this, so I'd just like to clarify that in the meantime, WGT have fixed the replay links so that you can now simply copy & paste the direct replay link that appears in the browser window's address bar when you launch a replay window. Here's a random replay of mine to prove that posting direct replay links is working correctly now:

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON={%20"GUID"%20:%20"d590d7b4-d14d-42ac-885a-9c5a00eee563",%20"Brand"%20:%20"undefined"%20}

RSS