Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driving Range

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 13 2009 3:48 PM (6 replies)
  • Jimbo652sssssss
    167 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 4:31 AM

I thought it would be really cool if it was possible to set up a practice driving range where you could work w your clubs and maybe even a practice putting green,just a thought. I think a lot of players would appreciate that,I know I would.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:07 AM

I'd pay 10 credits for a bucket of balls....

• bobbadgley
    22 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 9:29 AM

I would also LOVE to have a practice driving range, chipping green and putting green.  Also the possibility to try out clubs in the pro shop before buying them.,  Seems like a good idea to me.  Let me know what you all think.

I would like to know how these players score 52 in a tourney.  That seems WAY too good for a course like blackpage.  Something funny going on there?????

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 10:21 AM

I would like to know how these players score 52 in a tourney.  That seems WAY too good for a course like blackpage.  Something funny going on there?????

There is something funny about this subject. Those players have been playing more than a week, and understand what the game presents in a round! Practice makes perfect!! :)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 10:42 AM

bobbadgley:

Nothing funny, you just failed to notice that those scores (very much exceptional on this site) are only achieved in one tournament, the August All Ladies, which for some unknown reason WGT has decided to let everyone play from the easies tees with no wind. If you practice enough, as The Duck said, you can achieve similar scores, too (maybe not that low, but low 60s are perfectly possible even for non-legendary players on this site).

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 2:13 PM

my substitute for the driving range is to go to the course for the non-ranked round and hit the balls OOB :) Unfortunately after reaching a score of 12 the game forwards to the next hole

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 3:48 PM

... not very practicable if you play with upgraded balls! Or your wallet must be really fat.  

(Off-topic: a guy was on the German edition of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? on Friday who runs a small business of fishing out golf balls from water hazards. The host asked him what's the average "haul" of golf balls he gets per water hazard. The answer was, between 3,000 and 12,000 golf balls per water hazard, depending on whether the hazard is across the fairway or just lining the fairway/green.)   

RSS