Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Windows10/CCleaner

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 30 2020 1:24 AM (20 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 4:01 AM

I had this cleaner before and it was deleting my game settings everytime I logged out,  I've no idea which of the many options should I untick to stop this happening.

My meter has been slightly jumpy since I loaded it, I've already done a 'clean'.

Can anyone help?

I also don't want to mess about with the 'advanced' options.

Does anyone know which of those in the pic are ok to tick?

Thanks in advance.  Dub.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 6:35 PM

I can't speak for CC cleaner, if that's what the box is, in your post. I can however tell you why you have to reset all the game settings, every time you log off, if you have Windows 10.

If you have windows 10, it cleans, the browsing history, cookies and saved website data, and cached data and files, every time you log off any site.

To stop it from doing this, you must left click on the 3 dots in the upper right side of your open window, of choice. Once you have clicked on the 3 dots a box opens. Scroll down to SETTINGS.

Left click SETTINGS. Another box opens. Look for CLEAR BROWSING DATA. under that it will say, CHOOSE WHAT TO CLEAR. Left click that.

The next box opens, on top it has 3 boxes most likely checked, and blue colored.

These are what is clearing all the normally saved data, that previous versions of windows did not do.

Uncheck those 3 boxes, and your browsing history, cookies and saved website data, and cached data and files, will now become receptive of the necessary junk, websites leave behind, to save your settings, and such.

I assume, that is what CC cleaner is cleaning when you folks use it. I don't use it, so I am not sure. I was having all the files cleared, and was frustrated, with resetting all the game settings, every time I logged back on, as you mentioned above.

So if you have Windows 10, this is what the conflict may be, with CC cleaner. 10, is already doing the cleaning.

Uncheck those boxes and remove CC cleaner to see if your meter returns to a playable state.

I suppose you can use CC cleaner after you uncheck the boxes if you wish, or go back to settings, and clear it all yourself in seconds. Just choose what to clear.

Hope this is understandable, and helpful

• OleFernando
    162 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 8:56 AM

Dubfore:

Thanks in advance.  Dub.

do not need tick any advanced for good clean,only these & meter v smooth here

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 1:53 AM

To stop cleaner doing your settings every time,    open cleaner  go to Applications and uncheck Flash player.   WGT is a flash based game.  this will sort you out.  :)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 3:42 AM

Dubfore:

I had this cleaner before and it was deleting my game settings everytime I logged out,  I've no idea which of the many options should I untick to stop this happening.

My meter has been slightly jumpy since I loaded it, I've already done a 'clean'.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.  Dub.

Check in your browser settings for clear History and Cache. You can set this to clear automatically, it clears the WGT settings though.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Apr 27 2017 4:24 AM

Yes, it is a Flash based game but not the cause of his or hers problem. First you have to have a dedicated browser to play the game only for this to work under the applications tab. I use Opera as my browser for game play,so as you can see in the screenshot I have cookies unchecked. Cookies are what saves your settings, not the Flash Player.

On a side note if you really want to see what the CC Cleaner actually does or doesn't do try this:
    Step 1 Run CC Cleaner
    Step 2 Then hit the Windows key and r, then type this: %temp% and hit OK. There are still files in your machine. Now click on select all, then delete.
    Step 3 Same as Step 2 but type this: temp and hit OK. Dang still files on my machine. Click on select all, then delete. You will notice that your machine will only delete certain files.
    Step 4 Same as Step 2 but type this: prefetch and hit OK. Dang! again, still files on my machine. Click on select all, then delete. You will notice that your machine will only delete certain files.
    Step 5 Now run Disk Cleanup and low and behold there are still files on my machine I want to get rid of.

Hope this helps some of you Folks.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 5:09 PM

Hi Dub

Dubfore:

Thanks in advance.  Dub.

I've never had a problem with these boxes ticked, as far as I know they're the default

if for any reason things do start going a bit pear shaped and you think you may have changed something you shouldn't have, click on the Advanced Options and then

The Restore Default Settings will put things back to as they were when you first installed the thing. CrapCleaner isn't one of the most aggressive programs around, there isn't really a lot you can do to cause any serious harm.

Hope that's helped

Cheers!

Rich

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 11:39 PM

Hey if you want Professional help from the horses mouth, go here. They are good people and reply to your requests/questions in plain speak.

support@piriform.com

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 9:02 PM

In the applications portion of the cc cleaner- UNCHECK the Adobe Flash Player AND the Macromedia shockwave.

It would be smart to go into the Adobe settings...........settings manager07.html:

and clear your adobe cache after you play WGT..If you have windows 10 you may want to force an update before you play your round just so you don't get coaught mid-round with a glitchy meter because your getting the latest update that comes every 2-3 hours every day.

I use a different browser that allows me to right click and ditch the flash storage/ global settings really quick after a round, but when I used to use the edge browser I had to physically click to the adobe page to erase the flash storage cache...

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Mon, May 1 2017 7:50 PM

Just a suggestion I have been having jumpy mouse keyboard issues since unbeknownst to me, Windows did its Centenary Update crap.

After doing a bit of research, the suggestion was that possibly some drivers have not been updated correctly.

I cant find the page with the keystrokes but basically it told me to do a check of all hardware. It didn;t report anything but took a bit of time rebooted and no more mouse or keyboard lag.

Just a thought to try

RSS