Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CLASH BOYCOTT

Tue, Mar 27 2018 11:24 AM (45 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 11:20 AM

apollo53:
    Our Club took the money we would have spent on a clash, got a few more donations and held a tournament for all members.  Prize pool was about 20,000 credits.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Much more prudent and allows players to potentially win something and participate in a CC event.

I do not understand personally why players churn rounds out in a clash when there is no incentive, but conversely it is their choice. If a player is going to spend $5 value of credits grinding out a clash, I would rather have a CC tourney created using those credits. Even donate a sleeve of balls to a random winner - anything is better than the naff clash prizes.

I have said many times, conceptually WGT could have created something brilliant but failed to deliver anything remotely worth wasting time on. Yes it is lucrative as players want something, but most are too blind to understand they are getting conned at the same time.

At our CC, with the exception of Clash #1, I would say the number of rounds played since equates to less than 10.......lost opportunities.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 11:26 AM

alanti:

apollo53:
    Our Club took the money we would have spent on a clash, got a few more donations and held a tournament for all members.  Prize pool was about 20,000 credits.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Much more prudent and allows players to potentially win something and participate in a CC event.

I hadn't even considered that point (I don't think about clashes much), having read it, it just makes participating in a clash seem even more  ridiculously stupid than before.

• UFCJohny
    713 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 4:59 PM

take the Clash money that you spend....and create  a  CC Tourney like we do in Arnies'Army CC  , that way Giving back like Arnie did  feels  real nice

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 6:49 PM

UFCJohny:
    take the Clash money that you spend....and create  a  CC Tourney like we do in Arnies'Army CC  , that way Giving back like Arnie did  feels  real nice

Why would anyone spend money on a clash? 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 19 2018 5:45 AM

I use my freebies on those low level clubs. L-26 = No Spin

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2018 11:24 AM

You don’t have to spend money on clashes - unless you want to win it. This last clash our club finished in the top 200 and not s nickel was spent on passes. I ended up buying a sleeve, but could have used my inventory if free balls as well.

Our new club is sitting on 8 custom course credits by playing the clash & little to no financial outlay. Too each there own though. I have always found time to play in them. I Don’t rearrange my plans to play them though, it a good way to get familiar with a course.

RSS