Forums

Help › Forums

Re: how do people pitch and flop on greens

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 14 2016 7:21 AM (4 replies)
  • sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 5:11 PM

While I don't generally see an advantage doing though except maybe on really undulated greens,- I see a few players apparently be able to pitch and use flop shots on the green. If I try that the ball goes generally 2 inches, so I apparently do something wrong? Anyone can explain me that?

Thanks a lot

• happymt
    869 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2016 10:59 AM

you usually use a full shot and double the yardage. say if it's 16 yards to the pin, you would hit it for 32. Just a reference point for you to practice with

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 4:46 AM

And because they sometimes take awful divots, they give the greens keeper  a big tip after the round as well as a nice Xmas gift.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:15 AM

sky0diver:
    While I don't generally see an advantage doing though except maybe on really undulated greens,- I see a few players apparently be able to pitch and use flop shots on the green.

And we're off to the races... :-) 

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2016 7:21 AM

sky0diver:

I see a few players apparently be able to pitch and use flop shots on the green. If I try that the ball goes generally 2 inches, so I apparently do something wrong? Anyone can explain me that?

Thanks a lot

It is just as 'happmt'  said double the distance with a full shot. Pitch shot also works, similar rule. You can try punch as well.

Throw in a starter ball and play a single hole in practice mode. Load up a hole with a nice big flattish green. Test the various shots using different clubs and power settings, note the results. Once you have got some good data repeat on a sloped undulating green, hit both directions, and compare results. Finally when you are happy with your results replace starter ball with you normal one and do a quick comparison to see what effect if any that has.

RSS