Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Putting Greens

Tue, May 2 2017 4:11 AM (6 replies)
  • deadeye9145
    371 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 4:16 PM

At long last we have putting greens to practice our putts.

Alas, it seems a non golfer chose the greens to use.  The hard green will surely give us the ability to putt on that green.  The medium green is also a poor choice as it has breaks that are unpredictable and will certainly help us on that one green.

What would be best, IMO, are greens that have consistent breaks.  The ability to place the ball for a left-rt, rt-left, uphill, downhill with a reasonable chance of learning how to putt.  15 at Bethpage comes to mind.

deadeye9145

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2016 1:19 AM

i would be surprised if WGT did not add more greens choices in the future, there are several from olympic that would challenge players as well as teach the difficult putts.

only time will tell though,

Turfsand

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Tue, Nov 8 2016 1:26 PM

Here's what I do, with a ball of my choice, in practice mode, I go to the 15th green @ bethpage and putt from different position on the green. Because my putts are lousy from 5 feet out, I practice 4 diffferent shots aprox. 10 ft in front, behind,from the left and right of the pin. I chart my GS, PM, D,Eup or down, and my break. I feel confident some of the Champions or TL will tell you the is nothing like practice on the Greens you play on. you get to know the breaks, you learn to ajust your speeds. My practice rounds  for 9 holes run in the high 50's and low 60's. I'm still a work in progress, but untill they add different putting greens. Here's an idea.

Siders Best

PS: I didn't realize you were a legend until after the 1st post, I need to be asking you for pointers:)

• deadeye9145
    371 Posts
    Wed, Nov 9 2016 3:31 PM

That is what I am suggesting they do with the putting green.  Well said and that is also how I practice.

Good luck with your game.

deadeye

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2016 11:49 AM

TY it's nice to know I've learned something from reading and applying what I understood from these post. I'm getting quite a few Birdies but then the Boggieman takes them away. I've got to work on my short term memory and play each hole. See you out there.

Siders Best

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 3:36 AM

"I've got to work on my short term memory"

So very true!!!  I lose more strokes by forgetting to change from "Pitch" to "full" on shots from 20 to 35 yards than anything else.  The second thing is forgetting to change the "Meter"  when putting.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 4:11 AM

gerryniswonger:

"I've got to work on my short term memory"

So very true!!!  I lose more strokes by forgetting to change from "Pitch" to "full" on shots from 20 to 35 yards than anything else.  The second thing is forgetting to change the "Meter"  when putting.

The third is to forget to put spin on the ball  after lining up the shot. 

RSS