Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Day timer

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 2 2016 2:20 PM (9 replies)
  • epp46
    10 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 6:07 PM

What happened to the timer that let you know if you had played that day or not?  They changed the time of day from when you finished the game to when you started.  Now there is no way of knowing which day I am playing on.  I have a confusing schedule and try to squeeze in a round each day to max. my points but changing these 2 items make it hard to know what is what as far as the day I am playing on..   

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 11:11 PM

The timer reference point hasn't changed, it's still 12 pm GMT (=UTC = Zulu).

Display has changed though. On PC, it's a new, bigger display with three numbers, and it exchanges places with the "objectives" tab in the middle of the main game window.

On mobile, I don't know.

• epp46
    10 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 7:04 PM

So in fact here in Fla. the time was at 8pm  (GMT -4)  and with the time change this week' it will be at 7pm or GMT-5.  Now I guess I will have to decipher this new clock to figure out what it is indicating.   Thanks for the info.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 11:25 AM

It still shows the time left until the new CDP day.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 11:44 AM

If your schedule means that playing a complete game to maintain your CDP is difficult, then you may wish to know that you only need to go into a game, strike the ball once with any club, (even a putter off the tee will do and the ball doesn't even have to move), and the game accepts that you have played for that day. (At least it does for me).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 11:55 AM

ScottHope:
    and the game accepts that you

ScottHope:
    layed for that day. (At least it does for me).

That's what your fancy typsetting does to the Quote button, Scott. LOL  Took 2 separate steps to get to the part I wanted to respond to and say even practice mode first swings fit the bill. Found out the hard way there, CC didn't get the CDP bonus.  ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 12:00 PM

...maybe I should add, "...but don't quote me on that!". Sorry Jim.  ; )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 5:03 AM

LOL, good answer. Maybe just lengthen the page?

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 1:34 PM

you can have two clocks showing on your desk top

wgt time and your time

try that  it may help

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Nov 2 2016 2:20 PM

Good tip ada, I'd forgotten about that.  : )

RSS