Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Multiplayer horror

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 22 2009 8:42 PM (5 replies)
  • mabe
    32 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 3:47 PM

While the meter has become much smoother lately in single-player rounds (thanks for that!), it has grown next to impossible to play multiplayer games with more than one other player since the last two upgrades.

I don't see the reason for this - when I'm about to make a shot there is no need to maintain low-latency communication with the other players, it could actually be cut off altogether, just like the putting grid.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 4:14 PM

mabe:
    it has grown next to impossible to play multiplayer games with more than one other player since the last two upgrades.

Can't confirm here. Multiplayers seem to run just fine, or as before – with the occasional jumpy meter.

• mabe
    32 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 12:20 AM

I assume then that you are running on a faster computer and not on one in the lower end of the range.

For me the game has always been a bit jumpy, but recently single-play has been smoother and multiplayer much jumpier, and that bothers me (a lot). When players have dropped off so only I and one more are left it's smooth again, but by then the brain and the score are usually beyond salvation.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 12:27 AM

Dunno, this is an almost 3 year-old notebook, although it does have an independent 256 MB graphics card. The worst multi-player side effect I've seen is that sometimes the load time for one or two players in a foursome can be significantly longer, between all shots, than for the other players in the group, and this keeps delaying the game. As to the jumpy meter, it's always been there to some degree, and I can't say it's got worse, in single-play or multi-play, since the last 2 updates. For a lower-end computer, it might be even more important to close all applications running in the background before launching the game. Do you do this?

• mabe
    32 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 1:48 PM

Faterson:

Do you do this?

Of course I am (and do you really think that that would affect just multiplayer games?). I've also heard (well, read) playing partners referring to the same problem

I realised that I hadn't cleared my caches after the last update so I tried that, and it seemed to help, but now when I tried the problem reappeared, if not as bad as yesterday. I'm beginning to suspect that it has to do with the server load, so until I get some indication that it may have improved I'll be playing my multiplayer games primarily when the Americans are sleeping or working.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 8:42 PM

I have the same problem, but its when i play multis. Sometimes is works though:)

RSS