Deleted Post

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 30 2019 1:38 PM (28 replies)
  • GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 2:50 PM

alosso:

Out of respect to your CC, any other CC and their actions:

Wise man deletes what he thinks of stats which can't be named.
    And BTW: There ain't no official stats on Clash Events. Results disappear in Nirwana.

Also, invites to your CC wasn't even in discussion.

I apologize. I shouldn't have said that. It wasn't my place. The owner of my CC posted on my wall "This is a very active club, we are ranked 2nd in WGT." So he would have to explain the thinking there.

There was an invitation. He said if I was hunting, etc. I belong to a 3D Virtual World chat site IMVU (that I haven't been on since finding WGT, lol). It was frowned upon inviting someone to come to their dance club if the person was in another dance club. I shouldn't have came down on that person. WGT is a whole different place entirely.

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 2:57 PM

With regard to iron sets I'm mostly looking for that 3.0 meter, yes, but also I am wanting a set that has higher precision and forgiveness. 

I just don't know what to do about the wedges. I have 3 and I hardly use to of them except on the 64W on a short approach and for scrambling. What I don't like is the gap between my PW and and 54W. The PW is 115 and the 54W is 85. Pretty sure I'll invest in wedges first but I'll have do more research on wedges when it comes time that I can buy them. Hopefully Oct. 5th. 

• StevenTrump
    16 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 6:35 PM

Here is my 2 cents, I know my stats are rubbish, but ive only been playing for 3-4 months on a kindle, but I am getting a lot better, even with the 10 credit 1 spin ball.

I have just turned level 83, but I have used both sets of rocketbladez, hated them, meter was too fast, max meter precision irons, great clubs if you can hit the ding, but a 1.5 meter and 0 meter balls means that was few and far between, Nike vapor fly level 55, not bad but medium flight meant lots of roll.

I bought the G25 level 59 irons, my 2nd hole, which was the 17th on chambers bay (was playing best of par 3) I got a hio, got to 83 rented the upgraded G25, my 5th hole, 5 on Kaiwah I got another hio, so decided to buy them and I havnt been disappointed.

Wedges, Cleveland, the 100, 80, 60 yard top of the range ones, these have shaved lots of shots off my rounds, practice flops and punch shots with them, I get to within 1 yard 90%+ with them now, especially flops from around the green. (My putting still sucks though).

Level up or average? This is the $64,000 question, but its not that hard to do both.

If you want to level up, play 18 hole unlimited WTG tournaments, 400 + your score + any bonus trophy things you get, and you get better at the course, you're levels shoot up.

If you want average down, which 9 hole are you best at, mine is St Andrews front 9 (incidentally, I only hit 2-3 iron shots in the hole 9 holes here, drive and wedge for the most part) I have shot a 29 on it, pitty it was in a full 18 hole round and I got a 38 on the back 9 :(. Anyway, play ranked rounds on a 9 of your choice, I believe the game just doubles your score to get your average, 29 front 9 = 58 full 18 = your average comes tumbling down.

Hope this helps a bit, even from a hacker around the course, driving is fine, irons ok, wedges pretty good, putting dire (but getting better).

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:45 PM

Which Clevelands? I've been through all the wedges in the shop none of them necessarily compare to the CG16's I own. Except maybe the 588's which are ridiculously expensive and which have a much better precision not as good forgiveness, greater spin that I don't necessarily need and slower meter in which is too slow for my liking. Picky SOB aren't I. LOL

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:12 PM

GitUsummaDis:

Which Clevelands? I've been through all the wedges in the shop none of them necessarily compare to the CG16's I own. Except maybe the 588's which are ridiculously expensive and which have a much better precision not as good forgiveness, greater spin that I don't necessarily need and slower meter in which is too slow for my liking. Picky SOB aren't I. LOL

I think perhaps you are being a little bit picky.   He is talking about the top level Clevelands.   To me the precision is more important that the forgiveness.  I never tried those lower level Clevelands.  I bought the mid-level (around lvl39) ATV wedges for my first ones.  So when I went to the Cleveland 588 top level ones, the difference was hugh.  They will even put BS on the starter ball!!  

Most of my full shots are 0 spin to nearly full top spin.  You also can get flop, pitch and punch shots that will stop on a dime, and give you a nickel change. 

One thing you might find is that you could use a less expensive ball, like a Cally instead of the Nike you currently use.  With a 2.5 meter instead of a 3.0.  Most of us easily adjust to wedges with a different meter than our other clubs.

You should get  free club rentals as you level up.  If any of the top Cleveland wedges are offered, give one a try.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  I recently tried the lvl 91 Max meter 64* wedge on a free rental, and found I like the spin on the Clevelands better.  Some of it is personal feel for what works in your game.

Good Luck, and I hope this helps a bit.

phred952

• GitUsummaDis
    468 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:38 PM

~takes up a collection to earn $48 for 3 clubs~

and all of you need to leave my balls alone i'm not changing them lol

• rfgraham1
    2,739 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 9:37 AM

Anyone hits level 95 and is still a Master/Tour Master could wgt up their teir please to stop sandbagging?

• woodyfar
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 2:31 PM

Once your avg. is below 64, its no longer a video golf game, but just a video game....Enjoy the realism of shooting a 73 or a 64....This is the best game on line, but getting so great takes away from all the game is about. No real Pro avg. is gonna be a 63 or lower anywhere. But I do tip my hat to those who are that great, its quite the accomplishment. I doubt I will ever see that much improvement, But I do love this game. WGT has done it right.

RSS