Help › Forums

Re: Tour Legend When Do I Start

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 27 2016 11:04 AM (9 replies)
  • CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2016 12:31 PM

Hi  All

Looking to get my  Average  down,  to look  tobecome  a  Tour Legend,  Love  the  13 speed  greens..... 

Ive  Played   354  Ranked  Rounds,  but  not  sure  how  many  when  turned  legend...!

So  my  question  is.  after  500  ranked  rounds,  will  my  average drop  a  lot...

Was  thinking setting  up  easy  Inner  Club  Tournament  to  play  rounds.  say   -10  or  so 

18  holes

Is  it  woth  doing  this  now,  or  wait  till   500  ranked  rounds or even  more ?

Thanks

Bob

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2016 10:59 PM

Why are you in a hurry to become a TL? It can't be because of the 225 cr that WGT promises(?)

To go there, it's not important to bring the average down but it's mandatory to collect 500 scores forming a 60.000 average. You have quite a few 29, 30, 31 - a good start! Each 28 will take a 32 into the count... Still, it's a long journey, and fatigue (or burn-out) is one of the dangers on the way.

Therefore, my advice is NOT to leer at the average or at saturation but to have fun in the game!

Or, you might try to become a Red Tee Tour Legend by pulling off the rounds mindlessly. Then, I'd propose 9 hole tourneys - each score counts, and they provide two scores in 18 holes instead of one.

BTW: You have playe 200 Legend rounds since 6-1-16. If you know when you turned Legend you might take an educated guess at your total Legends rounds.

Have fun!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:13 AM

alosso:
    Why are you in a hurry to become a TL?

Because he wants those 13 greens as default. Fun for some is playing against the best on the top conditions. The ability to compete will catch up with the experience but getting that experience is fun, even if you're on the bottom rung.  :-)

• CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 1:06 PM

YankeeJim:

alosso:
    Why are you in a hurry to become a TL?

Because he wants those 13 greens as default. Fun for some is playing against the best on the top conditions. The ability to compete will catch up with the experience but getting that experience is fun, even if you're on the bottom rung.  :-)

Thanks  all   replys,  and appreciated  honestly,  

Yes  i  agree  no  rush,  but  only  wanted  to  become  a  T-L  is   the  13  speed  greens  as  default......   

Enjoying  having a  Big Role  in   my Country Club, First  Game, i   have  ever Put  real Money into.....!  Like  many  find  it  enjoyable  and  relaxing.

To  Improve  and  be  a  good   player  is  obviously one of  the  goals, and  why  not after spending £££  on   WGT

Thanks  again   from  a legend, and  one  day  possibly a  TL

Cheers

Bob

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:07 PM

The ability to compete might not catch up if he makes TL by playing Ted tee CC tournaments like he is talking about. A lot of us mediocre legends could have made mediocre TL's  in just a few days by playing red tee unlimited play 9 hole CC tourneys. In my journey to TL except for my awful putting I have really improved. Now I am 5 or 6 30's away from TL. 

• CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2016 6:48 AM

Solarflares:

borntobesting:

The ability to compete might not catch up if he makes TL by playing Ted tee CC tournaments like he is talking about. A lot of us mediocre legends could have made mediocre TL's  in just a few days by playing red tee unlimited play 9 hole CC tourneys. In my journey to TL except for my awful putting I have really improved. Now I am 5 or 6 30's away from TL. 

Hmmm -  500 RR's in a "few" days!     lol

TL is long overdue for you BTB.   What you say is entirely too correct though.

For some of us the kiddie-tees aren't an option - the real aim is surely to score 30 or under for 9 at every course - from your own tees.

I joined the site just before the red-tee inception.   At that time (July 2015)  the Legends I played were just mostly plain good - and the TL's were veterans with great skills.

I never thought I'd reach Legend , or ever be good enough.  It seemed a daunting task to score a 30 anywhere , but you have to stick at it.    I had a shaky start to my WGT career , my stats were awful as I banged-out my first 250 RR's - usually in Multi-player games with legends or TL's on their green-speeds.  I never played a green less than 11 - except in a clash.

I only allowed myself to tier up to legend , after spending a few days with starter balls from the back tees in practice rounds as TM.   3 rounds in a row at -4 at St. A indicated that I might be ready for the move - and from then on , the aim was to learn all the courses and score -4 at all of them as legend.

It took 650 RR's from the beginning  to get to a 64 Av as Legend ( and 720 RR's for a 63.52 av) . Now I'm scoring 30's everywhere , and feel much more competitive and settled.   I've probably another 350 games to go before TL , and this will bring me up to about 1000+ RR's.   Saturation may speed up the process a little - , but not by much - as I'm only knocking-out the older 32's and 33's with the better scores.

Thousands of players have trodden this path already , and I'm sure they would agree that 1,000 RR's from your own-tees , is the bare-minimum rounds - to tier-up to TL and be reasonably competitive at that level.   But it will take some insight , much study and steady, honest application to get there - especially if you want to punch the weight that your tier-level suggests.

Superb   Super   relpy  and  ones   above,  much  appreciated  indeed

Cheers

Bob

• CoolRunningx
    4,719 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2016 7:03 AM
    Turned legend  feb  2016-----  170  Ranked Ronds already played
    So need  670 Ranked Rounds as Legend…( 500+170  already  played  as  tour master.)

then  worst scores knock off  after  better  rounds

i  Take it this  is  how  it  works  ?

Thanks  again

Bob

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2016 8:40 AM

CoolRunningx:
    i  Take it this  is  how  it  works  ?

Kinda, sorta. Par 5's and 3's don't count and the average has to be 60.0 or below. You'll know when you have those 500 rounds by the way your average will only go down, regardless of what you shoot above it. That's called saturation.

RSS