Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cheating software...but does WGT care?

Tue, Oct 6 2020 3:37 PM (82 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 7:50 AM

JDGHOST:
    There  will be ways to access flash ...the only question is will WGT leave that version up and running for awhile post Dec 31st?? 

I expect they will JD, but I doubt they will be doing anything to it including updates of any kind.

One key question might be how synchronized are the flash and unity versions? For example, when WGT creates a Ready-Go tournament in the flash version does it automatically appear in the unity version or does it have to be created there too? 

I could imagine it not just being a question of whether flash keeps getting updated (which it won't) or how increasingly buggy the flash game becomes (which it will) but also whether the new features and competitions that are rolled out in the unity version of the game are also accessible in the flash version in 2021.

I'm just speculating of course because we won't know until we get there, but it doesn't seem like wild speculation to me.

Nigel.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 9:13 AM

JDGHOST:
    Once again I ask why are some players saying "Steam" or nothing????

It better not be for wgt's sake unless there's a massive pick up of numbers.  Currently 269 are playing on steam, the 30 day average is 226.4.  The peak in April was 401 and the daily peak is now around the 290 mark, it's been falling since the first week. Not many from "15 million downloads".

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 5:00 PM

Wutpa:

JDGHOST:
    There  will be ways to access flash ...the only question is will WGT leave that version up and running for awhile post Dec 31st?? 

I expect they will JD, but I doubt they will be doing anything to it including updates of any kind.

One key question might be how synchronized are the flash and unity versions? For example, when WGT creates a Ready-Go tournament in the flash version does it automatically appear in the unity version or does it have to be created there too? 

I could imagine it not just being a question of whether flash keeps getting updated (which it won't) or how increasingly buggy the flash game becomes (which it will) but also whether the new features and competitions that are rolled out in the unity version of the game are also accessible in the flash version in 2021.

I'm just speculating of course because we won't know until we get there, but it doesn't seem like wild speculation to me.

Nigel.

As always Nigel ALL valid points....Well best to just wait and see what late Christmas present we wake up to New Years Day morning I suppose ....Sighhh  ...I fear the game will never be the same we will all long for the good old days of "Flash"...

I know we have 7 months till "dooms day" But what I am finding to be the most disappointing it appears that MOST of all the complaints we the "Flash" players have been pointing out with the unity version have fallen on deaf ears ? WGT only seams interested with (what I find to be the worst part of PCEA) upgrades in the mickey mouse apparel junk and Gimicky stuff? We complained of small maps....over sized golfer.....hard to read wind direction indicator ...And my BIGGEST complaint ...PLEASE PLEASE help with the GIANT "road block" sign above the cursor when we are putting on green ???? When you are reading your put in reverse view it totally blocks the line ....Don't they realize that!!!!!  

JD

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 6:03 PM

JDGHOST:

maoriand1:
    When flash will be out of date people have to make a choise: Play by the launcher on steam or stop playing

WGT HAS their own launcher available ...and it is my belief "Flash" will live on a bit longer than most believe not EVERY browser in the world will drop flash ...Simply  put .....WGT is not the only company in the world running flash tons of other programs still rely on it...There  will be ways to access flash ...the only question is will WGT leave that version up and running for awhile post Dec 31st?? 

JD

We have no idea what they are going to do at the end of the year. I really don't expect the launcher to hang around. Its either got to be steam or the launcher. I would expect it to be steam.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2020 7:11 PM

JDGHOST:
    But what I am finding to be the most disappointing it appears that MOST of all the complaints we the "Flash" players have been pointing out with the unity version have fallen on deaf ears ? WGT only seams interested with (what I find to be the worst part of PCEA) upgrades in the mickey mouse apparel junk and Gimicky stuff? We complained of small maps....over sized golfer.....hard to read wind direction indicator ...And my BIGGEST complaint ...PLEASE PLEASE help with the GIANT "road block" sign above the cursor when we are putting on green ????

Agreed.  I know this is somewhat off-topic (has nothing to do with "cheating software"), but that is my biggest disappointment so far with WGT and their PCEA release.  WGT asked us for feedback, and we've given it.  All of these issues (small maps, goofy-looking avatars, the "road sign" on the putting green) and others have been repeatedly mentioned by many players.  WGT has done nothing to fix these issues or even acknowledge them.  It's very poor customer service IMHO.  

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 6:02 AM

JDGHOST:

maoriand1:
    When flash will be out of date people have to make a choise: Play by the launcher on steam or stop playing

WGT HAS their own launcher available ...and it is my belief "Flash" will live on a bit longer than most believe not EVERY browser in the world will drop flash ...Simply  put .....WGT is not the only company in the world running flash tons of other programs still rely on it...There  will be ways to access flash ...the only question is will WGT leave that version up and running for awhile post Dec 31st?? 

JD

yes this is true... i think when flash will be no longer available most of the credit tournaments will be switched to the new version ( u can already see that with the us.open 2020, the live series tournaments, the etour tournaments, and most of the rg which they are already available for the new version. i would bet that from december 2020 when flash will be not supported anymore wgt will leave the flash version just to play no credits games (mp, alternate and cc tournaments)  but every competition for credits will be available only for the new version... i said before : "steam or nothing" because the common sense tell me that when the flash will go down steam will be the only support to join the new version for pc players so i think they will stop the standalone version... above all if they will activate the vac on steam... it would have no sense activate the steam vac and leave the standolone version active..   for what i think i m sure that this is the latest version of the game. i don t think there will be more improuvments at moment. i just hope for the future. 

anyway i think wgt should be clear about what will happen ... but it seems they have not clear ideas about it. or they have but they prefer don t share them to not be submerged by users msg and threads. :))))  it s 2 months i switched to the new version and i m only playing this version... so i m ok with everything they will do...after 8 yrs in this game nothing will surprise me. 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 11:15 AM

JDGHOST:

.And my BIGGEST complaint ...PLEASE PLEASE help with the GIANT "road block" or "Billboard" (as I call it) sign above the cursor when we are putting on green ???? When you are reading your put in reverse view it totally blocks the line ....Don't they realize that!!!!!  

JD

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 6:12 PM

You'd think so.  How'd you like that in real golf?   It's hard enough to get used to this new but unimproved version,  Do the IT designers not play this game? 

Also, is there no behind the green camers?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 9:18 PM

Firstmrmax:
    Also, is there no behind the green camers?

I just logged on to PCEA and there was an update available. Once that installed I played a round at best of hardest and it was immediately noticeable that the number of camera views has increased quite a bit, including behind the green cameras.

I haven't played other courses yet but this is definitely a good step if it has been implemented across all of them.

Nigel.. 

EDIT. And now I see some release notes:

Hi everyone. 

Update coming out shortly for standalone PCEA (Steam coming soon) 

Includes 

• Add Friend option in MP lobbies
    • More camera options for courses/holes that were missing cameras available on flash
    • Toptracer box anchored to right side of screen
    • Limited how far the minimap aimer can be dragged
    • Black Clover hats added to proshop

This release also includes a new leaderboard layout that we're working on. It's not 100% just yet but you may see us test it for scale in some tournaments over the coming weeks. 

_CHAMPION 

• Fartman56
    65 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 11:21 AM

This game has been given over to the cheats. They cater to the eggheads and cheats. This game has lost it's entertainment value when there are cheats making a living playing this game. The millions are gone. They have been chased off by the outrageous prices for equipment and balls, by you not fixing glaring problems to the game, You get no money from them because you are paying them to play with your monetary rewards.  Ever notice after a " downgrade " the game is way different with the ball's reaction to wind. You nay do something about 1 in a 100 that people do complain about cheating. Do you honestly believe that a player could have a 48 stroke average without cheating?

RSS