Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flash zoom tip

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:39 AM (7 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 8:03 AM

Don't know how many people use this little trick, but it comes in handy occasionally.

If you zoom in on a flash window, sometimes the bit you want to see disappears off the edge of the window and there doesn't appear to be any way to drag the picture around to bring back into view the bit you want.

If you right click again and select 'Settings' from the context menu and then do a ¾ double click on the Settings dialogue close button...

...the cursor will change to a 'grab hand' and then you can drag the image around.

A ¾ double click is the same as a normal double click, but without releasing the mouse button on the second click.

• julio1235
    238 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 8:37 AM

Thanks Scott.  Also was wondering how much local storage do you allow wgt and should it matter much?

Mine is set at 100 kb and what are the pros and cons for more.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 4:59 PM

ScottHope:
    sometimes the bit you want to see disappears off the edge of the window

Sweet. Great tip. It'll be very useful for analyzing replays. Have to be pretty quick on the trigger to jump from play to the pin, but sounds doable. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 1:31 AM

julio1235:
    Thanks Scott.  Also was wondering how much local storage do you allow wgt and should it matter much?Mine is set at 100 kb and what are the pros and cons for more.

Cheers Julio, I always allow WGT to take what it wants. I don't honestly know if allowing more is better, might be worth Googling that to see if there's anymore info on the subject.

JimbeauC:
    Sweet. Great tip. It'll be very useful for analyzing replays. Have to be pretty quick on the trigger to jump from play to the pin, but sounds doable.

Thank you Jim, you should be okay on a long shot (more time) if you're nimble fingered.  : )
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 6:56 AM

The moving part is great Scott.  And Thank You for answering my question, of what a 3/4 click was.  What I have noticed is, it blows up the area around where you click.  Instead of just clicking the screen to bring up the popup to zoom.  Click where you want to zoom. When it zooms you will be in the area you wanted.

Even with the hand and being able to move the screen, you would still have to have enough time to move, before the replay ends.

I know using my way it does allow time on longer shots to double or triple click the zoom. But again, you have to click where you want zoomed. 

EDIT... forgot to add, this also works when overhead viewing the pitch/chip grid from a distance.  Don't know why I was only referring to replays.  Anytime you want to view something/somewhere on the course, click at that spot for zoom.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 7:16 AM

Good point Gary, perhaps I should've mentioned that, thanks.  : )

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 9:57 AM

garyk49:
     Instead of just clicking the screen to bring up the popup to zoom.  Click where you want to zoom. When it zooms you will be in the area you wanted.

It took me 31/2 years to discover that little gem for myself!

Where were you when I needed this advice Gary?  ;)

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:39 AM

PaulTon:

garyk49:
     Instead of just clicking the screen to bring up the popup to zoom.  Click where you want to zoom. When it zooms you will be in the area you wanted.

It took me 31/2 years to discover that little gem for myself!

Where were you when I needed this advice Gary?  ;)

Damn, so sorry Paul.  I never mentioned it as a figured you already knew. My bad.

RSS