Help › Forums

Re: ** Course Management ** and Club Selection

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 15 2016 5:10 PM (40 replies)
  • jeremygrogan
    22 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2016 5:10 PM

lonniescott711:

Also a word of caution becareful with the bracket play . Playing the credit events will cause you to tier up faster than you may want . If you arent careful you will find your self playing from the tips before you are ready . There are past threads from new found Legends who got caught with their pants down because of this . Just a word of caution  Jeremy dont wind up all dressed up with no where to go . Play well have fun and good luck with your game .

You are certainly right about that and thanks for the heads up.  

I do know that I am posting worse scores than I am capable of in the brackets because they are at longer tees and heavier wind than than when I stroke play ranked stroke play matches.  I can score between a 65 and 69 on Kiawah with my normal conditions, but lately have been positing between 71 and 75 in the brackets due to the varying distance.  

I only have about 6 or 7 more scores to post that are at or under 67 before I level to Master.  This will come soon enough and i'm certainly not going to sandbag, but will let my bracket scores be the ones that count.  But I imagine that the brackets will be a little tougher in the Master tier than what I am currently facing.

One thing is for sure, I'm going to need up upgrade my drive to one that hits 270 ish.  That is the reason most of my scores are being posted higher.  There are too many Par 4's the become par 5's for me because I cannot reach the green in 2 from the black and blue tees.  Bethpage is my biggest struggle in brackets. the effort to making Par feels like a birdie and making bogey, feels like Par.

thanks again lonniescott711,

Jeremy Grogan

RSS