Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why should we lose balls in ctth

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 19 2009 7:40 PM (3 replies)
  • jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:47 PM

I don't understand why we should lose balls in ctth. You are constantly tweaking shots to try and get closer and 1 meter jump boom your ball goes in the water or ob and out of your bag. I think in ctth you should be able to use the good spin balls without fear of losing them. Just seems the balls go faster when I'm playing ctth. If there is a reason why its not possible I'm interested to know what it is.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 6:20 PM

I could half way understand if they were to make them unlimited in practice mode. But, in competition you pay for the advantage. This is one of their sources of revenue. those pennies add up...lol... Just my opinion but I think there is plenty of free stuff on this site that is actually quite capable.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 6:23 PM

you know your right what am i whinning about the folks at wgt are doing great i dont mind the pennies. Just wearing my spikes out walking to the pro shop lol.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 7:40 PM

Well, I kinda half agree with you on this one, Jason. 

I understand the paying for the advantage argument, but CTTH isn't what we would call a 'realistic' mode of play.  By that I mean, you don't walk out to the 5th fairway, drop 1 ball, hit it and leave for #6.

I say that because other suggested features (such as mulligans in practice mode) have been rejected by many players who used the realism argument.  It's not realistic to fire 20 balls at your local courses 3rd green, etc etc, thus it shouldn't be available in practice mode.

So, if using realism is an acceptable reason to rule out mulligans, then why does the realism argument not work to rule out lost balls in a non-realistic mode of play?

RSS