Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is it just my imagination.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 1 2016 5:50 AM (3 replies)
  • SlippinJimmy3
    3 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2016 7:08 PM

One of the first clubs I bought in this game was the lvl 19 Spider. Its been a great putter, but now that i'm above lvl 70, i'm looking to take my game to the next level.

So I bought the level 70 versa and the difference is striking. The biggest difference is, the type of greens (slow, fast, tourney, etc) and the elevation change appear to have very little effect on how much to "adjust" for when compared to the lvl 19 Spider.

For example, if i'm on a tourney green (12 stimp) with a 20 foot flat putt, I normally have to take 12-15% less to not blast it by the hole. With the versa, its maybe a 3-5% less tops!

Is it just me, or is this putter that much different?

P.S.  Yes I know the default scaling is different aka 25, 50, 100 vs 15, 30, 60.  I've taken all that into account!

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 1:52 PM

Hmm... If I'm understanding what you are suggesting correctly, then that seems rather peculiar. I would think hitting most putters the same power on the same line would display close to identical results. 

Better wait and see if some of the more knowledgeable folks around here can explain this. 

• SlippinJimmy3
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2016 6:08 PM

After a bit more trial and error.  It seems that putts of 30 feet or more display simliar characteristics to what i had with my Spider.  That is the speed and elevation adjusments seem to be in line.

But certainly putts of 12 feet or less, its a 1 to 1 ratio regardless of slope or speed of green. (With the exception of a heavily sloped green like #3 at Merion)

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 5:50 AM

SlippinJimmy3:
    For example, if i'm on a tourney green (12 stimp) with a 20 foot flat putt, I normally have to take 12-15% less to not blast it by the hole. With the versa, its maybe a 3-5% less tops!
    15F scale at 100% power will give you 20.5 - 21.5 in most cases.  Using a 30F scale at 50% power you'd bee looking at 21.5-22.5 most times (doesn't quite scale equally with the 15F, i.e. 100% power here will give you around 44F).

RSS