Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Most underrated/overrated holes difficulty wise?

Mon, Oct 10 2016 7:52 PM (38 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 5:34 AM

TarheelsRule:

Toughest holes, in my opinion and I'm basing toughness on how hard it is to make birdie on them.....

2)  4th hole at Pinehurst sometimes you can't even reach it in regulation

Sometimes you can reach the hole...let's say, 2 out of 10. When you have birdied the first 3 though, you can forget it. Always facewind, so bye bye birdie. After hundrends times on it i have birdied this hole just twice or tree times. An impossible hole to play.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 8:01 PM

Yiannis1970:

TarheelsRule:

Toughest holes, in my opinion and I'm basing toughness on how hard it is to make birdie on them.....

Sometimes you can reach the hole...let's say, 2 out of 10. When you have birdied the first 3 though, you can forget it. Always facewind, so bye bye birdie. After hundrends times on it i have birdied this hole just twice or tree times. An impossible hole to play.

YES! YOU FINALLY TIERED UP! 

Musta got boring whipping us all eh 

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2016 7:36 PM

MrFunnyWobbl:

Yiannis1970:

TarheelsRule:

YES! YOU FINALLY TIERED UP! 

Musta got boring whipping us all eh 

has he finally made champ lol school boy error

cheers     mark.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2016 5:18 PM

Are there any moderators and rules in this forum or do i have to deal bozos myself and responding to all these nonsense?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2016 11:25 PM

IMHO, PIN #4 is subject to a WGT design error.

They took the length of the 2005 USO (when it was a Par 5) and combined that with the 2014 Par4 set-up which is significantly shorter. To me, with less than the very best of equipment, it's impossible to reach in two.

BPB #7 is a Par5 for everybody but for us and the PGAtour players. Need I say more?

OAK #9 is a beast, too!

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2016 6:07 AM

alosso:

IMHO, PIN #4 is subject to a WGT design error.

They took the length of the 2005 USO (when it was a Par 5) and combined that with the 2014 Par4 set-up which is significantly shorter. To me, with less than the very best of equipment, it's impossible to reach in two.

BPB #7 is a Par5 for everybody but for us and the PGAtour players. Need I say more?

OAK #9 is a beast, too!

I tend to agree alosso. The info about the length is new to me (the story behind). Nevertheless, the real problem of this hole is the frequency of facewinds or let's just say not in favor. Surely WGT could allievate this situation by providing more tailwinds on this hole.

BPB 7, is a tough for sure. When there's facewind, it's easier eventhough you propably have to use your 3WD. On tailwind, even when using a 4 iron it's quite improbable that you have a good approach. The wind pushes the ball and the space between bunker and the hole it's pretty short to hold the ball. So, in tailwind the distance and trajectory say NO on a 2 yd approach.

OAK 9 is a hole for...prayers!!

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2016 8:21 AM

alosso:
    PIN #4 is subject to a WGT design error.

I wonder whats the golf clubs input on it as well. For eg: CB #1 is a par 5 from back tees. Probably a tough one going by the card.

I guess if they didnt have an extra par 4 tee, could have used the same tee for 2 tiers like they do on certain BB holes.

On a different note: Who picks up the hole locations? Is it WGT or the club or whatever it is the day they were shooting the course?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2016 9:46 AM

Vaibhav5viv:
    On a different note: Who picks up the hole locations? Is it WGT or the club or whatever it is the day they were shooting the course?

For the U.S. Open courses. It is one of the hole locations used in the U.S. Open which is chosen by the U.S.G.A.

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2016 7:52 PM

Be nice if WGT acquired all four pin locations for US Opens  (Thurs-Sun) when shooting courses then gave us all four so have more than just 1 or two pins. 

RSS