Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A tribute to Andyson

Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:18 PM (119 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 2:37 PM

drmoose:
    I have contacted WGT / Topgolf regarding elevating Andysons' status to Tour Champion

I am certainly not against this but this is just a title and will quickly fade into the past, especially as his user name is not searchable now (and still no answer from WGT as for a reason - poor show).

An annual WGT Andyson WGT Enquirer Memorial Tournament would be the ultimate act of respect, and make his name live on in WGT (although it will of course for those who knew him). By donating to a charity would also be an on-going legacy that is apt for someone who helped so many here in the WGT community.

Andyson really did so much good for the community and the game and exceptional people deserve more respect than a cursory thread.

WGT really your silence is incomprehensible and disrespectful IMO. At least share your plans or this has become another futile thread.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:31 PM

as WGT dont seem to want to do anything,ie tourneys in his name

can we not find out what the  charity his family want us to donate to  and send it directly

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:36 PM

Something like this might be cool -

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:39 PM

PaulTon:

Something like this might be cool -

Perfect!

WGT - TAKE NOTICE.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 3:47 PM

good stuff Paul   :)

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:13 PM

lvietri:
    His first "WGT Hitler" video was classic.  If I knew how to resurrect it and put it here for those who don't remember it .. i would.   Alas I have no clue .. if anyone does ... it epitomizes Andy's sense of humor.

is this the one?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:46 PM

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:05 PM

As memories go, it was some of the caption contests that got me laughing so hard. Andy would set it up, and we would all post what we thought was funny. Some of those answers made it onto the Enquirer, lol. 

Im not tooting my own horn here, but it was me who gave Andy the idea of the Hitler video. I made a similar video for the CC (i think) i used to run, and showed it to Andy. He thought it was hilarious, and in typical Andy fashion, asked me if he could use the idea? As if he needed permission, lol. 

Im just glad that we shared something funny, and im proud it took off here. Im honoured a man of Andys genius thought something i did was good, lol. 

So WGT, whats in the pipeline to honour Andy then? 

EDIT: Actually, i just remembered after searching for it. It was a post Andy made about a avatars broken leg or something on WGT that is the reason for the video i made. I would love if somebody could find that post, but heres the video i made, and it was 3 days before Andy made his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCNGgydgnW0

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 10:04 PM

opyeuclid:

I would like to vote Banana.

I vote Banana too.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 1:02 AM

" Andyson and the Creative Corner Circle of Friends " A new Forum topic to replace "And everything else."

" And everything else" would be rendered old news.

Advice, examples and scads of Creativity.

Moderatin' hell I'm thinkin'.....hehehhehhehhehee....That'd be fun.

Contests would spring up to see how many posts would be deleted! Curse in other languages and get away with it! Put somethin' in the corner of that video that They don't see for 2 hours! 

I think he'd dig that.

Makes me wanna learn how to.

See?

~teachusdan~

RSS