Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Full Game Download

Mon, Jan 27 2020 2:42 PM (21 replies)
  • HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 4:39 AM

The game doesn't use the graphics card at all unless its in fullscreen. I use Fraps to record any game running in 3d, and when I run this game in the browser window, not fullscreen, fraps does not see anything. As soon as I switch to fullscreen the fraps frames per second counter pops up on screen and I am able to record the game. Also when you run fullscreen it washes out the HD pictures, oh and since when is HD 1200x800 and NOT widescreen?  And why when I switch to fullscreen, do I have to deal with white bright as the sun boarders? Can't you make the sidebars black in fullscreen the same as they are when not?

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 10:27 PM

HDBanger:

The game doesn't use the graphics card at all unless its in fullscreen.

Hmmmm, my point exactly HD.

I imagine that in utilizing the graphics card processor would bring better stability than if utilizing the mainboard processor.  Any views from the more savvy pc users?

• MDWa
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 6:05 AM

Hello I have a question concerning the new version of WGT that you download. The 1 that  will replace the flash version. Will there ever be stroke play for 3 and 4 players, and will there be AS games too? My CC has an AS tourney every Sunday.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 6:15 AM

MDWa:

Hello I have a question concerning the new version of WGT that you download. The 1 that  will replace the flash version. Will there ever be stroke play for 3 and 4 players, and will there be AS games too? My CC has an AS tourney every Sunday.

Yes. This has been asked a few times on various Forum posts. Eventually the PCEA version will have most if not all the same options as the Flash version, when however is not exactly known.WGT is working on this stuff but programming the new version takes time.

Patience is the key.  

• RonB1764
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 3:19 PM

Not sure how savvy I am but since the game is played thru the browser window, don't the OS and PC control how and where the browser and Flash Player are processed?

Is it likely that an OS will be written just to change how a defunct flash screen is processed ? Please give me a "DUH-H !"

Is it likely that a PC will be designed just to change how a defunct flash screen is processed ? Please give me a "DUH-H !"

Since Flash is now dead, that's not going to be changed. Are browser providers likely to change the way they are processed? I don't think it is up to them. Browsers have switched from Flash to HTML5 now so they couldn't care less. They only still allow the use of Flash for providers (WGT) and our convenience

Seems to me that the only thing to be done is for WGT to write something to switch to HTML5 version to replace the Flash version.

I agree that WGT will be surprised when they start losing players because of the Flash player vulnerabilities be exploited by some hacker to spread malware/Trojans/viruses to WGT users. If they are counting on other users to replace them, they are SERIOUSLY deluded because... it's not like they have new users "just waiting in the wings for a chance to get in on the action"..... or are they limiting the number of users allowed to sign up and play ? I don't think so !

Bottom line: If  WGT wants to continue to have at least the same number of users it has today, the game client MUST be re-written with something to replace Flash Player !

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 11:38 AM

The new version has its own launcher, its not run through a browser, don't know if that's the answer your looking for but that's how it is

• RonB1764
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 4:19 PM

Thanks for the info. I tried to download it for PC last night and Norton Security won't allow any of the android emulators that were referenced in Google search. :( It deletes them as soon as I download them saying they are not safe. Got the same results from both BlueStacks.exe and WGT-Golf-Game-by-Topgolf_Setup_3430523712.exe. Norton says BlueStacks.exe is a High Risk and contains "Heur.AdvMLB". WGT-Golf-Game-by-Topgolf_Setup_3430523712.exe contains "PUA.InstallCore".:(

Any sugestions ?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 5:20 PM

• RonB1764
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 5:37 PM

DavStan,

Finally found one that Norton Security says is OK. I downloaded NoxPlayer and the APK and all appears well but because the APK is written for mobile, it will only use WiFi for connection (no Ethernet selection available in settings in NoxPlayer). :( I am still looking forward to a browser version for Mozilla Firefox though. Only found one for Google Chrome and don't like the "bloat" that Chrome has.

Oh well.....:(

Thanks,

Ron

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 8:03 PM

RonB1764:

Any sugestions ?

Ron, not sure where you got the download from for the PC Early Access version of WGT but here is the link to the post with the download. Just install it like a regular program and use your regular login info  

View this post at http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/606333/4104618.aspx#4104618

RSS