Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:55 PM

@Razza;

Agreed. I have said many times that all threads eventually veer off topic. Although, many posts did relate to the OP's good bye. 

I'm wondering if someone posted "good morning"; would it also go off on a tangent?... perhaps a dozen pages, or so?...lol

ct

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 12:33 AM

ct690911:
    I'm wondering if someone posted "good morning"; would it also go off on a tangent?... perhaps a dozen pages, or so?...lol

I'm gonna try that one...might run for years.  We will see.  LOL

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:41 AM

I would think,,,,,,

is MUCH better.

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 5:54 AM

Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. Around midnight, I decided to hide in the garage behind my golf clubs so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with "the girls".

It was at that moment, crouching behind my clubs, that I noticed that the graphite shaft on my driver appeared to have a hairline crack right by the club head. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the pro shop where I bought it?

Signed,
    Perplexed

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 7:20 AM

A man and lady golfer were betting and by the end of the first nine, it was obvious that the lady was no match for the man. Going into the second nine, the lady doubled the bet which the man agreed . At the end of eighteen holes the lady had lost both rounds. By then, it was getting dark and the lady suggested that they play a few more holes to judge her game. Obligingly, the man agreed. After teeing off, it was obvious that play would have to be halted due to the darkness. The man suggested that they walk back to the clubhouse for a drink and also to settle the bet which he had won.

Being a lousy loser, the lady decided to have one last bet. Looking around, she noticed that there was nobody on the course. "Look" said the lady to the man. "We will have the last bet of the day with an additional of $100 bonus if either of us should win." Being the winner, he did not want to be called a coward and so he agreed. "Let's see who will pee the furthest." Both agreed.

The lady took out her pants and undo her knickers. Squatted down and she began. The man took the measurement and it measured a putter's length. After the lady finished dressing, the man began to unzip and with his right hand took out his pri ck to start.

At this juncture, the lady said, "No free lift!"

• Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:36 AM

Hmmm read this thread with interest, a little sadness, and a big bag of popcorn, very entertaining thanks.
    One question about donating gear. If I replace say my irons, can I donate my old set to another player or do I have to buy clubs to donate and sell mine back to the pro shop for a ridiculous low price?
    Personally I would rather donate them to a worthy cause.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 11:06 AM

Bill19542:
    If I replace say my irons, can I donate my old set to another player

No.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 12:37 PM

Because they were never your clubs.

What you bought was a use license.

BTW. WGT doesn't have to buy back anything. That they do is gravy.

• billdauph
    2 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2016 7:58 AM

I am about to leave for a similar reason. I am fed up with the inconsistancies of the game The game is not fun when you can't sink a putt for days, then all of a sudden you can't miss. Tired of haing a wind at your back but the ball doesn't travel the full club distance then the next shot goes farther with the wind in your face. The game is profit driven,which I understand but doesn't make for a satisfying game The real game is frustrating enough yet this pos game makes me more frustrated Maybe if I spend a couple hundred on imaginary clubs the game wil be more forgiving but i'm not buying.  

RSS