Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Georgian CC vs The Peoples Club

Sun, Aug 28 2016 10:32 AM (53 replies)
  • Finks
    232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:28 PM

Just finished my game against ShaanBeckham, It was a very close game and although I went 2UP after 4 holes he pulled it back to AS after 6. It stayed that way until 14 when he had a meter glitch, which allowed me to take the hole but he pulled it back again with a superb eagle on 15 and then went 1UP on 16. Match finally finished we me losing 2 and 1.

Thanks again for the game, it was a very enjoyable match

• CSBarbarian
    1,625 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 6:11 PM

Just played my match and it was far closer than the score suggests.

He took the 1st.  And then I took the 2nd to get back to AS.  He took the 3rd.  Then I took the 4th to get back to AS again.  Then we halved 4 straight.  I took the lead on the 9th.  We halved the 10th and then I won the next 2 to take a 3 up lead.  We then again halved the next 4 holes giving me the 3 & 2 win.  He burned the lip on 4 different holes and it would have been a whole different outcome had they dropped.

CSBarbarian defeats LWhite3549 3 & 2

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2016 6:46 AM

I played my game with Shanks181. I was 4 up after 8 holes when he DQed for some reason.

Thanks John for getting our match in despite our scheduling difficulties.

• TeeTymeTim
    97 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:03 PM

I just finished playing Brian (callaghan159)...really nice guy from New Brunswick...we had alot of fun,  but my putter was hot again and he lost to me 3 & 2...really enjoyed it even if it was just for fun....he was taximan62 's opponent.......supper nice guy

Tim

• adamnot
    1,810 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 2:01 AM

Congratulations to the Peoples Club on a wonderful performance by all players.  This contest was played with praise from both sides on the conduct of everyone,  that  is expected when representing Your club but it was and more much more, fun was had and friendships made, which is what these compettions are all about. Well done to everyone you all represented Your club with great distintion.

To Gav I thank you very much without your support and the willingness of players to help out we have had what I believe to be a wonderful participation rate.  It was indeed a joy to get quick responses to those little things that do come up from time to time and I do commend your efforts,

This competion was a surprsingly easy to organise and that comes down to the players so thank you all and thank you Gav again.

Finally and by no means a small thing Thank you to Ed and to Sue for allowing us to get together and have a bit of fun.  New friendships have been made and I do hope this contnues into the future.

Happy hitting one and all.

Neale (adamnot)

• adamnot
    1,810 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 6:22 AM

Congtratulations to the members of The Peoples Club on a wonderful win.

The matches were all played in a friendly yet competetive way from all accounts and that is a credit to all that participated. To have played so many games without to many dramas is a fantastic effort and for that I thank all players from both sides very well done.

To Ed and to Sue thank you very much for making this all possible.  Without You two this would not be possible and the new friendships and enjoyment that was had would not be possible. 

To Gav it was indeed a pleasure to work together with you and it was so good to receive your quick response to all those questions we passed back and forth very well done mate.

But the most credit for a very good competition must go to the players.  I for one am very grateful for your assistance in completing your matches in a timely manner.  It is difficult at times to make these things work and it could not be done if you didnt step up.

Happy Hitting to one and all.

Neale (adamnot)

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 9:55 AM

Thank you Neale and all the players!  Thanks to Gav as well. 

I am happy it went so well and I say congrats to all the players that participated.  You are all winners in my book!!! 

Blessings,

Marion

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 2:17 PM

Great contest and extremely well organized by Neale and Gav. Thanks guys for your effort!

Glad to see that all participants obviously had fun and enjoyed playing and meeting new players. I'll definitely meet Stefan again on the tees.

cheers
    Abe 

• Doc58
    6,365 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 2:18 PM

Thanks to the Georgian for hosting this event, and to all the players and organizers for a job well done. 

• putterdog
    6,685 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 5:52 PM

:}       Austin is a great guy   I have played him a few times after the tournie and  he still got me ........   lol   good fun all

RSS