Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Travelers Championship

Sun, Aug 7 2016 6:14 PM (7 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 10:56 AM

Hey Folks,

So, I was given some free tickets to the Travelers Championship from my UPS guy at work and decided to invite some of my WGT friends to come along with me....and we had a blast!

I'd never been to a professional golf tournament before and I know this tournament is so much smaller than The Masters and the US Open, but wow, what a thrill to see the players I watch every weekend tee off and putt in real life....it was incredible.

From L to R-

fuzzygazz, my friend Julie, beachedmulligan and me...mrcaddie.

MC

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 12:50 PM

Superb stuff, Mr. C.

Been watching it live on the Golf Channel. Rooting for fellow Scot Russell Knox. Awesome 62 from Berger (including a bogey) to hold the lead going into the final round though.

Not in the least bit surprised that you've thought of others regarding the tickets. Good on ya.

Psst... looking at that chin makes me wonder; where did you park the reindeer?

Awra best,

Johnny.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 12:50 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Psst... looking at that chin makes me wonder; where did you park the reindeer?

LOL Johnny,

Unfortunately I have the belly part down pat, I just can't grow my beard long enough to fulfill the role.

We had a great time at the tournament and actually got to see Knox play, I think it was the 11th or 12th hole.

I'm heading off to some nice course in Connecticut with fuzzygazz, lvietri and eingmund on Aug. 22nd and then in late Sept. we're all meeting up and playing at Bethpage....can't wait for it...should be a great time.

MC

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 2:43 AM

Nice to see the guys play in person every now and then, definitely adds to the TV viewing experience having seen it in person.

On a side note, it appears gazz's legs haven't seen the light of day since Chambers Bay last year :)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 5:30 AM

mrcaddie:

LOL Johnny,

Unfortunately I have the belly part down pat, I just can't grow my beard long enough to fulfill the role.

Good few months to go yet, sir.

:)

BolloxInBruges:
    Nice to see the guys play in person every now and then

Not live as such but...

Can ya spot the difference? My granddkids couldn't. LMAO

:-)

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 9:40 AM
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 11:41 AM

BolloxInBruges:
    On a side note, it appears gazz's legs haven't seen the light of day since Chambers Bay last year :)

LOL Sam,

Ya, they were pretty bright....he actually asked me to photoshop out his legs, but I told him I wasn't going to shop out my fat gut, so we'll call it a wash.

I can't wait to get in a round with my friends Lou, Gary and Erik.

MC

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 6:14 PM

gdog8:

Great to see him do well. A class act. Haven't seen him much this year

RSS