Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Why can't i spend my Coins on usefull things?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 4 2018 9:48 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Aug 5 2016 11:20 PM

JohnDalyNo1:
    It's not a valid answer because they sell coins (at a different value) in the shop too. So they should represent some value.

Maybe, maybe not. Some items aren't meant to be bought by reasonable people, and some items only pretend to have a certain value. Best profits are made when a hype starts for something which isn't worth it's pricetag - see the Golden Calf.

Anyway, the customer decides what is worth buying, in his reality.

And when you say "they should", I say, it is as-is.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 7:19 AM

JohnDalyNo1:
    But now the incentive to play is totally gone, i got 30.000.000 Coins but can't spend them on anything. And don't say you can rent clubs with them because everybody earning coins has a way better set then you can rent with coins.

You might consider lingering in the high stakes room, some players get desperate for a win...may be playing with their last 2.5 million coins.  I have heard about some people being offered a sleeve of balls if they forfeit or somehow lose.  

I don't know WGT position on this but a sleeve of balls for potentially "seemingly worthless" coins when players on the mobile have "free access" to build credits but it would take them months to build up 2.5 million (close to 5 million for the win) coins without buying them through the "free daily spin" or grinding out in low stakes coin rooms.  what do you think is the better deal...

it may not happen often because most playing in those stakes can afford to play there but if you did come across someone that really needed the win well ... you got free coins to burn and it isn't like burning real money worth something if the person doesn't have the integrity to follow through with the offer.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 7:50 AM

I think the OP moved on, that was almost 2 years ago.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 8:56 AM

el3n1:

You might consider lingering in the high stakes room, some players get desperate for a win...may be playing with their last 2.5 million coins.  I have heard about some people being offered a sleeve of balls if they forfeit or somehow lose.  

This is happening. But many players often renege. Don't trust anyone offering you a deal like this unless you get the sleeve before you forfeit the coin game.

• okiechuck
    6,317 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 4:49 AM

I agree.  We should be able to purchase credits (that we need for equipment) with the coins we accumulate.  I have a bank full of coins and getting more each day that I don't spend on things I can't use.  I use the credits to improve my clubs and to buy balls (nearly every day). I'm sure there is a formula that can be worked out for the exchange. 

And as far as PC players go, there is an app for your mobile that shares your membership with your PC. just sayin'

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 9:48 PM

YankeeJim:

adaputter:
    30,000,00 wow how many do you want?

That's not his point, which is a valid one. Why have the wherewithall to amass that many with nothing to do with them? At least here, amassing credits allows you to fund your game.

I have the same questions as the OP, and I believe YankeeJim is the only one that has addressed the OP points.

I started on mobile, spending coins to win coins - wondering what else I could do with them.

OK, so I could rent a club or 2 for a while, but what is the point?  I only get on mobile now occasionally to check on stuff - and I get more coins from the "Free Spin".  Currently I have no incentive to play mobile unless I am really desperate or needing to extend my consecutive days streak.

I now have 450K coins that are worth essentially nothing.  It is virtual worthless value.  Maybe there will not be a direct exchange rate for credits - but surely WGT could find something we could use the coins for?  

Am I missing something (besides the fact that complaining will likely not help!)?

• PAGES
RSS