Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Black Diamond GC looking for members

Sat, Nov 5 2016 4:50 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 7:17 PM

Black Diamond GC is looking for some more members for a friendly and relaxed club.

We are a level 17 club (with all the benefits that includes), 133 members as of today, players at all skill levels.  We have a full series of free/premium/CTTH tournaments, a website, and an internal handicap system which we use for a few of them.

If you want to compete with top end champs/legends, or with TM's and Masters, on a friendly basis, we are the place to be.  You want cut-throat, play in the WGT tournaments which a lot of us do anyway.  You need advice or help tiering up, we help.

Members play as they see fit, in club tournaments as they prefer (or not).  We do not ask anyone to buy cc xp passes, either in club clashes or any time.  We carry members who need time off from game as long as they drop a line to a director.  Reason (could be health issues, car accident, just need a break) doesn't matter.

We only ask that members play regularly, use free cc xp passes as appropriate, and check club forum for updates. 

We will boot you after 3 months if we haven't heard from you.  Otherwise, we are very flexible.

M or TP minimum is preferred, but I will consider anyone.

(NOTE: Black Diamond GC should not be confused with Black Diamond Hills.)

jacktrade51.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:58 AM

I can truly recommend this fun & friendly club. I've been here for 2 years and there is always something interesting going on. Plenty of support for those developing their game and some stiff competition for the Legends, TLs and Champs.

Send a Friend Invitation to discuss anything.

If you are an active player looking to make some friends & share a few rounds - we'd love to have you.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 5:45 AM

I routinely support the opinions of those I trust. Several regular posters in this forum have earned my respect for their history of measured and reasonable approaches to a variety of issues. Neil is in this category. 

I would suggest others do the same. If you trust the opinion of someone, then take seriously his or her recommendation. If I did not already belong to a CC, I would certainly consider this one. I have said the same about SEL (Bubbs) and a few other CCs. There are certainly good ones out there, and picking one from the thousand available can be difficult. 

(NOTE: Black Diamond GC should not be confused with Black Diamond Hills.)

^^^ very important difference...lol 

ct

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 4:26 PM

ct690911:
    I routinely support the opinions of those I trust. Several regular posters in this forum have earned my respect for their history of measured and reasonable approaches to a variety of issues. Neil is in this category. 

Thanks ct for the support, both for me and the club.

My agenda is simple - try to add value to the WGT Forum without taking something away from somebody else!

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

• jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:42 PM

I'm bumping this back up.  We are still looking to add members and we are fun and friendly and admit at all skill levels.

We are very fun and relaxed.  I see a club clash going on, we don't ask anyone to pay 37 cents. We do, however, want players to play, not everyday ... all of us have real lives.

We've picked up some great members from this ad.  I've never done it before.

Then, I got some dingbat who hadn't played since May, what the hell, I said yes.  A week later he still hadn't played.  Don't waste you or my time.

Tom (jacktrade51)

• JeffBeukeboom
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 4:29 AM

I'm considering switching country clubs since my current one seems quite inactive. Latest posts on my country club forum date back two years from now and the owner hasn't been seen in a long time. Your community seems very tempting from my point of view. I like that you have diversity in both member nationality and tier level on top of vouchers from other clubs promoting you.

Albeit being a member since late 2009 I have activated and really gotten to enjoy the game just recently. I originally played with starter gear and after I advanced to master tier, it pretty much killed all the fun of the game for me. I purchased my first clubs about a month ago and found the joy in this game once again. Soon I'm looking for a new challenge when I move further back in tees when I reach legend tier. My recent activity level, thanks to a cycling accident, will not carry on into the future after I can heal my leg and return to a more normal every day rhythm but I'll keep swinging on and will always try my best.

I have a problem since I have no idea how to switch country clubs. Do I have to leave my current club before some similar button to a friend request emerges on your club site?

Jeff

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 2:01 PM

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure if you need to resign first - let's give it a try.  I have issued you an invitation to Black Diamond CC. Hopefully you will be simply able to accept the invitation and that will be it.

.....  and let me be the first to say  "Welcome"

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Tue, Nov 1 2016 12:11 AM

jacktrade51:

Then, I got some dingbat who hadn't played since May, what the hell, I said yes.  A week later he still hadn't played.  Don't waste you or my time.

Tom (jacktrade51)

On the other side of the coin, I joined, played every day,, and in two months contributed over 100,000 XP points to the club. But when I asked to have a tournament posted to take advantage of the 50% XP bonus this weekend, got zero respect.  

If you're not a level 90-100 champion, you might want to look elsewhere for a club that will appreciate members of all levels,

As a level 15 club, they have 20 tournaments they can create. They'd rather leave 8 empty that let members add a few they might like to play 

i only wish I could take the 117,000 points I got them to my new club.

• jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 4:05 PM

Since I have not chosen to advertise in cc forum for nearly a month, I suppose I should thank some disgruntled former member for bumping our name up in club forum.

We remain a fun, friendly club open to members at all skill levels.  We don't force people to play, certainly never ask anyone to buy a pass, and we have lots of fun club events.  And we are not striving to be a 250 member club.

As to 1 ex-member who left on her own (but got kicked out of her previous club for attacking that owner in WGT club forum, which I didn't know about at the time):

1.  We accommodated a lot of her requests, but not all.  We have a mix of tournaments geared to all skill levels.  But, we are certainly not running most tournaments at slower (less than tournament) speeds to make putting easier for her which was one of her primary complaints.

2. She says we are level 15.  We are actually level 17 and got there without being grand-fathered when WGT changed rules 2 years ago.  (Her 117,000 cc xp points compare to 40 million we have.)  She is only the 2nd member to leave club in last 2 years because of unhappiness.

3.  She is primarily a mobile player.  We are probably not the most mobile-friendly club.  At least 98% of club rounds played on PC or Apple computer.

4. We have helped numerous club members advance through the ranks from hack to legend, and we are proud of that.

There are enough people in WGT that know Hakman123, MartyFlanagan (our previous owner and still a director), and me to know we run a quality club. 

So, again, thanks for the ad and forcing me to respond, and may she find happiness in current club (and good luck to her current owner).

Tom.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2016 7:23 PM

I could point out all the mistakes in your post, but it's hardly worth the time. If it was Anna that was the other member who quit, I get the the impression she's about to to dump this club again.

As for the owner of Red Dirt who kicked me out. It was because I posted a question on the forums as to what a member should consider when selecting a club to join. How viscious and inconsiderate a question that is. I had not intended to quit without a valid reason. But JimBob's infantile attitude made the decisision for me.

As for my excessive requests. I asked that the a few of the many available club tournaments be used for 18 hole easy tournaments, so the recent bounds of 50% bonus XP points be used to bolster the clubs level. Let's count. A 9 hole game gets 190 points (plus the 50% 95 points). If a new player strives for awards, an 18 hole tourney can get 400 + a score of 57 can get an additional 640 points. Then the 880+ CDP points. Not to mention the 50% bonus. So a smart player could get several thousand points. And that's not even including the extra passes for playing in the clash. In the last chlash, I racked up over 8,000 points. Could have been a few thousand more if JackTrash51 (Tom) bothered to spend 5 minutes to add a tournament that were easier to play for those than less than level 100 champions. 

As for picking a club to join, definitely join one. There are lots of reasons, like putting meters, shot aids. And some clubs have superior players who are generous enough to share their expertise with aspiring players. Not sure I'd count Tom as one of them. But if JimBog in RedDirt would have realized I was only asked an innocent question. I would have been happy to have stayed there. He not only knew his stuff, but was was not stingy about sharing it. Red Dirt had a few masterful golfers. And they weren't one of those cliquey clubs who frowned on Hacks, amateurs and pros who were anxious to learn. 

I ended up joining NYC. Not only am I a native NewcYorker, but the club caters to those of us who prefer iPads as a platform. And if you're lucky enough to have an iPad Pro, the graphics are a dream. They're not up at level 15 (which if you'd read my post, would have seen that level,17 doesn't add a thing to being at levelm15).

And, hopefully, since I added 117,000 XP points to Blunt Diamond in two months, I'll be able to help,NYC get to level,15. I only wish I could have taken all thosevpoints with me. BDGC surely didn't appreciate my efforts.

pick a club carefully, although there are few advantages of on overvanother. Find one with good people, and do your part to help,grow the club. If you find a club with a selfish, inconsiderate owner. Even if he's/or she's mannaged to reach champ or even legend, don't stick around they turn out to be a dweeb.

WGT is a lot of fun. More than 500 awards to pursue. Just don't make the mistake I did trying to rush to get to Master. And, if you don't want to end up on my block list, don't forfeit games, just because you might get beat by a girl.  Especially since my gender is in question, and I don't look at all like my avatar. (I was really just trying to get some Nigerian Prince to gift me some balls). I got balls. Just not those big black slow ones. HINT, HINT, boys...

• PAGES
RSS