Forums

Help › Forums

Re: High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • Magpiesaregood
    265 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 6:28 PM

AgentBrown123:

Just a heads up I edited some of my previous messages in relation to maggiepie and jimbog's post replay's, didn't want to clutter forum with my useless rants :). The edit was just an extra response to your inquiries

AB

Yep thanks AB. Picked it up and thank you for the clarification.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 25 2016 11:13 PM

Duckster789:

Check out Jimbog's post in this thread (page 5) why someone would want an auto dinger.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/252537.aspx?PageIndex=5

Oh my :)

That is a two year old thread.  Did yo break the winder in your duck over the weekend or something?  How long did you take to find that ?  A bit more sleep and you might have realised it's not even particularly relevant..........Jeepers LOL

Duckster789:

Jimbog1964:

...His "trial" certainly showed he can shoot OK without dinging - I think we can all agree -8 thru 9 with an awful meter, not knowing what they were looking for and after two weeks off is "OK"....

No one questions that he was a very good player and can score well, but when playing in RG's or big credit tournaments, a few automatic dings can make a huge difference and give that person an edge over other good players.

If you actually wanted to contribute, and not just make quacking noises please see above, and read this thread in context.  You might find that with 1 / 100th of the time you might be able to - Glass more than half full in your case on the "might be able..." 

Good grief still wondering how long that almost irrelevance, on page 5 from a two year old thread, took you finding LOL

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 2:05 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Good grief still wondering how long that almost irrelevance, on page 5 from a two year old thread, took you finding LOL

Maybe the relevance is whether or not an auto ding would be any help, later in that thread you go on to describe a rg (9 holes) and say not having one cost you two strokes saying it was huge. 

Of course in the two years you may have changed your mind, perhaps with more information on how they work.   Quite a few have said here here it would be no help.  I don't see how it wouldn't be a big help to ding players like the one in question.

I also don't think the score in the "trial" (as well to ask again- did nobody outside wgt staff see it?) is relevant.  I showed dinging stats from some of Mags best scoring rounds earlier and they weren't that high, it happens as long as you're not missing by much.

I'm not saying he had one, I'm saying if he did it certainly would have made a big difference to his scores.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 2:44 AM

Jesus H Christ.

When are u guys gonna realise that thrashing about for 28 pages in a public forum about a WGT declared cheater ain't gonna get u anywhere.

Why don't u wall post Shoe and Icon and deal with it in private.

U are not gonna win any arguments here.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 2:46 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Jesus H Christ.

When are u guys gonna realise that thrashing about for 28 pages in a public forum about a WGT declared cheater ain't gonna get u anywhere.

Why don't u wall post Shoe and Icon and deal with it in private.

U are not gonna win any arguments here.

Thought you might turn up...Feel free not to read:).................Incidentally the v last one (if you read it) was not much to do with it.

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 5:49 AM

There are MANY more lesser known players who were also banned...

Tigerpaw509:

14 million users per Wgt  and 3 very top players accused of cheating....can we move on .There gone its over.

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 5:50 PM

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. Especially all the pro wgt can do no wrong types. It's making our job so much easier. Anyone unwilling to stand up for a friend & have his back is not worth my time. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 8:10 PM

WillyBigg:
    Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. Especially all the pro wgt can do no wrong types.

Well you get all sorts in this forum to be sure, but I don't think I've ever read a post from someone I could describe as a 'wgt-can-do-no-wrong' person. Not even Icon fits that bill!

But oh my, there's plenty here that fit a 'wgt-can-do-no-right' label.

That said, I agree that sticking up for a friend is generally admirable, unless taken to blind extremes. I'm certainly NOT saying those blind extremes are in evidence here, in fact whatever I feel about the actual subject of this thread (more like a friggin' rope by now) I am impressed and full of admiration for the measured arguments and counter-arguments put forward by mkg in particular. It's nice to see that it is possible to speak reasonably in opposition to others without descending into a flame war. 

Respect.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 8:36 PM

Wutpa, thank you, much appreciated.

Our only recourse was to bring Q's case into the court of public opinion in the hope that wgt would reconsider the ban in light of all the evidence we could muster and the favorable opinions expressed by those with no dog in the fight.

It's remarkable they've let the thread go on this long.  I think one reason is that 99% of the opinions expressed, both for and against, have been well-reasoned and worth considering.

The powers-that-be may have already decided to let the thread run its course and die a natural death, with no possibility for Q's reinstatement.  If that's the case then I think more than a few voices of reason and fairness have been ignored, to the detriment of an innocent man and to wgt itself.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2016 10:00 PM

I have an idea....... Lets all open a new account and get a cheat machine. We can open a new CC and see if the clusterfks at wgt can spot it with their new supersonic sweeper. Since we all have new identities we can belong to 2 CCs. Gotta love that.

We just need a name for the new CC.  .... DingMasters  CC.     MathnoLie CC.  AdolfhitsaHomer CC.   Chitdisturber CC....    ??   :)  

Kudos to RDG for sticking by a member and friend .......  Class act.      

RSS