1,518 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 10:37 AM

bump for Ronnie

as promised mate

Oli

• miclormic
    1,077 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2018 6:36 AM

Punch shot for 50 yd  wedge(MAX) = 41 yds. Each click down takes away 5 yds.

the rough doesn't have much effect on punch shots .

THERE YA GO. SWING and have fun HOLYSH!T!  I hope I never play match or alt shot with you guys. LMAO!

• ladyfromdallas
    1,221 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 5:19 AM

i agree

• manxoli
    1,518 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 12:29 PM

shame such an informative thread was devalued... thanks again WaLk!

oli

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 3:16 AM

MainzMan:

I have a Post-It note with a bunch of short lines about 5mm apart along one edge.  Under each line is a number.  I drew the lines on first, went to St. Andrews #10 in practice mode, played to just off the green and hit a bunch of shots using mulligans. The distance the ball went, including roll out, was written under the appropriate line.  I used half back spin on every shot and do the same during a round, slight variations for elevation notwithstanding.

It took me about 5 minutes to make, adds zero time to how long it takes to play a shot and works very well.

Job done.

Now that's my level of maths. Learning by doing, hit and hope or whatever you want to call it, it works for me.

Good on Jo for putting the information out there, sharing it with anybody who wants to use it. He certainly has the scores and stats to back it up, and it would certainly make me look twice as opposed to someone who mixes explosives with alphabetti spaghetti let's say, however amusing or confusing it may be.

Each to their own. For some detailed calculations, spreadsheets and slide rules work for others not.  For me, more than 10 of something I'm taking my socks off to count and while I'm not known for ripping up courses I'm satisfied. I just can't imagine after all that math letting rip with a fingerfart on the flop line or woe is me, a meter jump.

If you're interested D, I have a couple of post-its I could make available to download ; )

Happy hitting all, however you choose to do it.

Cheers!

Rich

RSS