Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 8 player brackets for Country clubs?

Mon, Jan 6 2020 6:31 AM (34 replies)
  • diegomoscardi
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 3:17 AM

Dear all, this application is available for free both iOS and Android. You can manage tournament from 4 to 64 players. If u need assistance or more informations send me a PM or reply this thread. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 12:50 AM

Three cheers for such a comprehensive reply from WGT to enlighten the community looking for answers.

Quality CS........

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:19 PM

Just exhuming this one after 3+ years.

It seems that the 32-player bracket that WGT thought would be 'coming soon' has run off into the distance holding hands with the CC Bank.

It always felt like the wrong direction to go anyway, making larger instead of smaller brackets available. Maybe 3 years later and with all the work being done to keep the game going in 2021 and beyond the idea of 8-player brackets might be revisited...?

Please? Pretty please?

Nigel.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 4:01 PM

Wutpa:
    Maybe 3 years later and with all the work being done to keep the game going in 2021 and beyond the idea of 8-player brackets might be revisited...?

Oh man, all over that idea. It could actually generate some income because fast brackets in a CC would run constantly.

In the absence of that ever happening, I'd be happy if they put the bracket tournaments on the front page of the list instead of in their own separate tab. Screwed myself more than once by not paying attention.  :-(

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 12:37 PM

Challonge.com does brackets. I believe to 128

https://challonge.com

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:18 PM

DonCaron:

Challonge.com does brackets. I believe to 128

https://challonge.com

True enough Don.

Our club has a monthly bracket competition and for a few months last year I had to create some stroke play rounds and use Challonge to format them as a bracket because we seemed to be waiting forever for a 16-person bracket on WGT to fill and get moving.

BUT....and this is an important part of it for me....the standard bracket format is good because you don't get to see your opponent's score until both of you have completed your rounds. I like that extra tension because it's just not the same if you can see your oppo already got a 35 or WD etc.

So Challonge is good for the structuring of brackets large and small, but the mystery element can't be reproduced unfortunately.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 5:29 PM

A lot could be said for the frequency/quantity of the brackets and how fast they fill. One of my directors sponsors a monthly bracket tourney that fills in a heartbeat. It's the only one we run but he announces it in the main CC forum and it's filled within 2 days.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 7:19 PM

I'm envious of that to be sure.

But then you have 52 members in your club while we currently only have 19. Time was when we had around 26 members and it would usually fill the same day it was created, but these are leaner times.

• ChrisJElliott327
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 5:45 AM

Please, please, please put in an 8-man Bracket play for Country Clubs !!! Its very difficult to fill up a 32 or even 16-man Bracket with all our friends ...Maybe a 6-man Alternate shot game would be very helpful as well...3 teams... 8-man would be 4 teams. ect. Shouldnt be a problem for WGT to create this.?.?.?.?

tuxedo2:

Yea I know this is beating a dead horse because I've mentioned it before..

The response was:

"There are no plans for 8 player brackets, however 36 player brackets are coming soon"

Still waiting and funny thing is I didn't see anyone thrilled to bits about expanding rather loads agreeing with me for an 8 player format!

So hear US out W.G.T. before you shut me down again!

How about for Country Club's then? If this is something your club would play give me a thumb's up people!

Footnote: Another GREAT idea would be an 8 player bracket for Country Club play where the owner/tournament director could plug in the names themselves for this type of tournament, instead of it being random.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say a lot of clubs would use this format, so if you like this idea please comment.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 9:37 AM

Wutpa:
    But then you have 52 members in your club while we currently only have 19.

Hmmm, youse think maybe I should send a coupla guys to Vegas to eyeball what's going on? 52 plus 19 makes a nice number.  Worked for Corleone.  LOL   ;-)

RSS