Forums

Help › Forums

Re: what do you guys think of players who disconnect if they dont make a birdie on the game's first hole?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:31 PM (38 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 5:20 PM

Aye, GSpinks.. we are still not bringing up that subject.  Thank you for checking...

Gadzuks, message on your wall, mate... enjoy.

Peace.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 6:08 PM

i think its pathetic if someone is going for a birdie on the first hole, miss it, then quit! thats retarded. Why?? At least finish the round, but you dont have to hole out on the last shot on the last hole.! Thats what a lot people do. I do. Even if it was the last hole, and i was at +8, i still will be playing until the last shot on last hole.!

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:34 PM

I think this is a problem in the multi player games and the regular single player games.  Frankly I am totally in favor of a small penalty for a player disconnecting or quitting in either.  In the multi player the penalty should be less since you can be disconnected for a number of legitimate reasons, however I would suggest that you game be locked at that point and you have to finish it when you come back or receive a penalty.  The penalty should be in the form of a posting of a score that is above your current average by 5 strokes or something like that.  Regarding mulligans, I am against them except in practice.

• cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 8:27 AM

funny u didnt mention the elevation change of ur perfectly hit 8 iron, or the clubs u play, or the ball u use, it all makes a difference!

• pgm18
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:39 AM

Why do most great or master players discontinue after they see  a persons average is  a ametuer or pro in the beggining of a game. They won't even join the game.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 10:14 AM

I'll play any ranked player, with a player with a 150avg (no ranked rounds) being the exception.

I'll typically join games at random, and the only time I'll drop out before the host clicks start is if the host or multiple players in the group have 150 averages.

On the other hand, I've been booted from many multi player games due to my Master rank.

• cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:25 AM

hacks and amateurs take way too much time. i believe they should be allowed to join a group, but not start 1. i dont like that my match play stats show that i beat an amateur, now i'm quicker on the cancel button so i dont get caught in another match with 1. i also do not play strokeplay with anyone that has an average above 75 unless we are friends.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:18 AM

That's pretty ruthless, Pitbull. I play with anyone who wishes to play a round, and more importantly, to finish it. Everyone has the right to use the 90 seconds per shot, and 10 shots (or whatever) per hole.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:31 PM

There is one thing WGT can do, lock out the "end round and continue" button. This will force the player to finish the round, irregardless. Once the player commits to an MP round, their forced to finish, even if a player loses connection. Every time the player logs back in, the game will take them right back where they left off, like a saved game. Now that's what you call an end game.

Unfortunately, this idea, or anything like it isn't good for business. WGT will never act on this. Players quiting can be frustrating, but it's something we all have to deal with.

Beating Dead Horse SmileySnaike, you said it best, everyone is beating a dead horse on this topic.

RSS