Forums

Help › Forums

Real World Weather

Sun, Jan 5 2014 4:52 PM (5 replies)
  • BgSuperstar10
    7 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 9:30 AM

Hi, I was thinking could it be possible to incorporate real world weather in this game? Like say that it is raining at Kiawah in real life, it would be cool to go and play in the rain here, and different scenarious like rain,snow or what ever would change ball flight and such. Any feedback would be nice, I really enjoy playing this game and thankyou everyone for making this site possible.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 10:59 AM

Looks like that will never happen, the game being based on HD real photographs.    If they at least managed to change pin positions between rounds, that would be just great... But even that seems difficult or impossible, given the concept of the game.  

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:12 PM

Faterson:

Looks like that will never happen, the game being based on HD real photographs.    If they at least managed to change pin positions between rounds, that would be just great... But even that seems difficult or impossible, given the concept of the game.  

Five images of each green with five different pin placements; randomly or purposefully selected prior to one's round....H

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2009 12:21 PM

Five images? More like five thousand or five hundred thousand.    They'd probably have to shoot photographs of each new pin location from every possible angle. But I do hope they get around to doing so! And if they ever photograph Bethpage Black & Kiawah in rainy weather, that would be wonderful, too! (I'd probably give preference to enabling changing pin locations & variable weather on these 2 courses over developing additional stroke play courses for this game.)

• junior48
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2014 2:32 PM

Hi Guys and Girls,  

I just wanted to say that this game is outright the best Golf Sim I have ever played, I hope to get better  soon as not to be embarrassed to play with ya'll hehe.

-junior

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2014 4:52 PM

Every course in the UK is under a foot of water at the moment, how would the replicate that lol.

RSS