Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Awards

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 26 2009 11:38 AM (7 replies)
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:09 AM

Are they necessary to give out in a practice round? Time consuming. Replays are slowing game also on short chip shots. Dont need those.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 12:52 AM

They could make that an individual option for each user. I like every award & replay I can get, because I don't get many of them; it's always an occasion to celebrate!  

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 2:01 AM

I think replays are an excellent tool.  It can provide invaluable information with regards to club carry, green movement etc.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 2:08 AM

That reminds me: it's pretty bad we can't save any of our shots in multi-players. I witnessed several of my opponents in multi-player recording their first ever holes-in-one, and there was no option for them to save those shots. WGT should make it possible 

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 6:17 AM

Fuzzygazz:
    Are they necessary to give out in a practice round? Time consuming.

Agreed... too time consuming and they mean less than nothing since they don't get saved in your profile when you get them in practice mode.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 1:02 PM

Whenever I receive an award (practice round or not), it resets me back to high graphics settings.  Everytime this happens, I have to go back into the options and change it to medium because for some reason low is still selected. Then I save it.  Then I have to go back in again and set it back to low and save it again.  I get 20 seconds worth of digging in the  options and resetting my display per award.  Please fix.

And I agree with Fuzz and Lee, it's a waste of time to receive a Tin Long Drive award when I already have a silver one.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2009 1:04 PM

Hi Nivlac, thanks for the report. Which browser are you using?

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 11:38 AM

Couldn't agree more on practice round awards being totally unnecessary, and quite annoying.  Seems like this would be an easy fix. 

Also agree the instant replays on greenside shots that get close to the hole is a bit much.  You should get these shots close to the hole, so why replay?  Love seeing the IR for shots that actually drop or long approaches that get close though.

I recently experienced a brutal 3:20 hour round with a foursome on line.  Yes some of that time was attributed to slow play by a couple of players but I think I counted 34(ish) replays on chips and only 2 were holed out.

RSS