Now that there are two drivers available at L100,

does any one remember if a driver was available between

level 91 and level 96, and why was it discontinued,

it just seems like a long wait from L91 to L96,

well over a year, might be two.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 4:46 AM

There was the limited edition black R1 at L93 once or twice.   Discontinued due to "limited edtion".  

There is the 285yd R15 @ L90 that should be enough to get you to L96 for the extra 2 yards.  

The L90 nike black ball you use must be helping the gap between your driver and most others playing the slightly longer drivers with a lesser ball.  "assuming"  ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 7:46 AM

I have been waiting on an assessment from Yankee Jim. Without any proof, my guess is that the Vapor will yield slightly more distance than the Bertha 96...but that is a WAG (wild A$$ed guess.)

~ SP ~

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 8:19 AM

SweetiePie:
    I have been waiting on an assessment from Yankee Jim

Ain't happening. Unless WGT comes out with another 8 degree driver, I'm sticking with my trusty R1. Loft in a driver is overrated, IMO, when compared to what an 8 degree driver can do on the links courses-SA, RSG and CBay. I have yet to find anywhere where I wished I'd had more loft in my driver. :-)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:08 AM

SweetiePie:

I have been waiting on an assessment from Yankee Jim. Without any proof, my guess is that the Vapor will yield slightly more distance than the Bertha 96...but that is a WAG (wild A$ed guess.)

~ SP ~

+1 I have been waiting for more feedback on it as well . If its as good as the 96 Bertha I would buy it just to have a new club . But me thinks WGT may be pulling the old bait and switch . It may just be another Covert driver with a slower meter .

When you compare the 2 the Vapor has a touch more foregiveness and a slower meter and thats all .Even though it looks to have a slightly larger club head not much else to say about it . Even though I have the credits I dont want to waste them on a bad buy .

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:21 AM

And this is the reason wgt makes so many different drivers. Different strokes for diffeerent folks. I love the lvl 103 high loft club. When you learn where to use bs and overspin the hight trajectory (IMHO) cant be beat. I have not been out driven by more than a few yards by any club. Try them all and use what works best for your game.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:49 AM

lonniescott711:
    When you compare the 2 the Vapor has a touch more foregiveness and a slower meter and thats all

My guess,  the new Nike vapor fly irons will show up here soon and have a matching 4.0 meter speed.  Assuming they think they'll catch some buyers to match the meter speeds and that leads me to think eventually matching meter speed wedges will come along as well.  

The new driver will need more to offer than what it does to get me to buy.  Like we needed another 287 yd driver lol.   I say, make the meter faster and give it more distance.  Then I'd probably get it.   Faster swing, further drive,  more risk/reward fun.  ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:50 AM

Ha - It seems as though the +100 level gang is not jumping into the water so quickly. The Vapor stats are not getting the juices hoppin'. Nevertheless, I am going to rent it tomorrow (pretty busy today) and I will report back on what I find. I love my Bertha so I want to see something....see ya Wednesday ;-} 

~ Lily ~

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 8:16 AM

SweetiePie:

Ha - It seems as though the +100 level gang is not jumping into the water so quickly. The Vapor stats are not getting the juices hoppin'. Nevertheless, I am going to rent it tomorrow (pretty busy today) and I will report back on what I find. I love my Bertha so I want to see something....see ya Wednesday ;-} 

~ Lily ~

And so I did ( rent it ). The Vapor, with it's snazzy lookin' blue-green head is eye catching. The distance is as follows:  24 drives, 24 fairways in light wind. It is very accurate, and going from my 3.5 meter to it's 4.0 was no problem; very smooth. The longest drive of the bunch was 337.01 and the shortest was 287.00 the overall average of 24 drives came in at 309.12. The ball used was a Nike Platinum. It is a great driver, as expected. Between the Bertha 96 and the Vapor, I must cop-out and judge it a tie.

~ L ~

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 9:32 AM

Thank you lily.

RSS