Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Virtual US Open

Sun, Jul 3 2016 7:42 PM (65 replies)
  • Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 1:27 AM

it would be nice for players to get some credits and a hat for qualifying for the VUSO like in the past.

I remember getting a few hats and stuff in the mail and was quite happy with those - still using them these days.

now people can slog away for 2 months and get nothing for qualifying :(

a topgolf hat or similar would be nice :)

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 10:33 AM

I'd rather we have a MASSIVE 1 million credit purse for the VUSO instead of giving out prizes for qualifying

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 12:02 PM

Wontonamo:

it would be nice for players to get some credits and a hat for qualifying for the VUSO like in the past.

I remember getting a few hats and stuff in the mail and was quite happy with those - still using them these days.

now people can slog away for 2 months and get nothing for qualifying :(

a topgolf hat or similar would be nice :)

I think WGT is struggling financially therefore I suggest all qualifiers give away some credits so WGT/Top-Golf direction can give some hats to their employees. 

Eric

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 5:19 PM

speaking of the VUSO, I suspect it will take a 54 to qualify this year. 

I just put up a 55 (with a missed 4 footer on 2 and a missed 6 footer on 6) and I fully expect that I will have to shoot another round. Too many up tees with both par 5s being eagleable

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 7:07 AM

derekortt:

I just put up a 55 (with a missed 4 footer on 2 and a missed 6 footer on 6) and I fully expect that I will have to shoot another round. Too many up tees with both par 5s being eagleable

Last year it took a 55 to qualify on par 71 Chambers Bay. So 54 on par 70 Oakmont seems about right.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 7:11 AM

Hope 54 will do it.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 9:00 AM

mmyers0:

derekortt:

Last year it took a 55 to qualify on par 71 Chambers Bay. So 54 on par 70 Oakmont seems about right.

The only comfort for the 55s is that WGT mistakenly called 4 at Chambers Bay a par 5 when it is a par 4. Basically, it is a par 70 pretending to be a 71.

Still, I have myself to blame for missing a 4 footer on 2!

• eggiesworld
    296 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 10:03 AM

QUALIFIER PRIZES: There are 156* Qualifier Prizes. Each Qualifying Entrant who is eligible to win a prize will receive two-thousand (2,000) WGT Credits. Additional Restrictions may apply. By entering the Contest, you agree that WGT may share your user name and email address with the USGA and that USGA may contact you by email regarding this prize.

Credit prize is still in the rules!

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 4:50 PM

lonnieskinner:

Hope 54 will do it.

54 is a good guess..Conditions are surprisingly easy for a US open. Some tricky pin positions.... That is about it though. 

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 5:41 PM

I've qualified for the Open every year, but that streak will come to an end.  I don't have the patience for this course.  Too many wonky pin placements... with champ greens it's gonna be a bleep show.  Managed to birdie the first 5 holes, then WGT started doing WGT things... a particularly violent lipout on 6, lipout on 7, easy par on the long par 3 8th... then had a 12 footer for birdie on 9 and considered myself lucky to 3 putt.  

RSS