Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Average required for Tour Champion

Fri, Feb 16 2024 1:38 PM (139 replies)
  • Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 7:34 AM

SoCalJim23:

TOUR CHAMPION (criteria)…….I don't believe that an Average of 55.00 or below is what's needed to make Tour Champion.

If you look at the Community Members.....Look at the long list of Tour Champions.  I see many Tour Champions with averages of 56.00, 57.00, 58.00 and above 59.00.

I have a 55.6 Average as a CHAMPION...….and have not been invited to be a Tour Champion.  And, I have hit a TON of Eagles and 16 Double-Eagles....and have reasonably good stats......better stats and more ranked rounds than many of the Tour Champions I saw on the list.  And, I have hit at least 2,000 ranked rounds since I made it to the Champion Tier.

It would be kind of WGT to at least explain to us,....what is the "Criteria" to get an invitation to be a Tour Champion.

Jim

Hi,

Also after you hit an average of 55 & If you don't tier up to Tour Champ It may be because even though you have at least 2,000 RR's but you did/do play a lot of Best of Par 5's so unless you kept track since you tiered up to Champion of how many RR's we're "qualifying" RR's you may have a long way to go as Best of Par 5's don't count for tiering up

Ken

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 7:46 AM

SoCalJim23:

…....better stats and more ranked rounds than many of the Tour Champions I saw on the list. 

🤔... You may want to look at a few more of those TC stats. 0 top 10 finishes and 2 top 100 finishes out of 1,281 tournaments entered probably won't compare well to any TC.

Still... Like others have said  when your average hits 55 or below, you will advance. 

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 9:47 AM

Seems that you guys are most likely "correct"......that getting down to that 55.00 Avg. is a key criteria for reaching the Tour Champion tier.  That, many TC's averages have since floated upward since they're averages reached 55.00 or lower.

Uh, and no Ken, I do not just play WGT's Best Of Par 5.  I reached the Champion Tier back in November of 2015 and I've been averaging approx. 85 ranked rounds per month here on WGT.  My scoring history doesn't go back very far, but, I have been playing all of the courses (plus, I have played all of the CTTH courses...though, know those don't count as ranked rounds).  Par 5 and Par 3 courses do NOT count towards much of anything, I understand that.

Take a look at my clubs vs. your clubs.  I probably would help my situation by upgrading my clubs.  And, the for the past few months, I've only be playing with the Free WGT balls....and putting up low enough scores to lower my average is seriously challenging. I used to play with much higher quality balls....however, I haven't upgraded my clubs since I became a "Champion" back in Nov. 2015.....so, I managed my stats using these pretty sorry clubs.

It appears that "maybe" if I manage to get my Average from 55.6 down to 55.0.....I might reach Tour Legend.  Great if I do, but, it's fine if I don't.  I sincerely appreciate everyone's input here.

Good Luck to everyone!

Jim

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 10:16 AM

SoCalJim23:

Seems that you guys are most likely "correct"......that getting down to that 55.00 Avg. is a key criteria for reaching the Tour Champion tier.  That, many TC's averages have since floated upward since they're averages reached 55.00 or lower.

Uh, and no Ken, I do not just play WGT's Best Of Par 5.  I reached the Champion Tier back in November of 2015 and I've been averaging approx. 85 ranked rounds per month here on WGT.  My scoring history doesn't go back very far, but, I have been playing all of the courses (plus, I have played all of the CTTH courses...though, know those don't count as ranked rounds).  Par 5 and Par 3 courses do NOT count towards much of anything, I understand that.

Take a look at my clubs vs. your clubs.  I probably would help my situation by upgrading my clubs.  And, the for the past few months, I've only be playing with the Free WGT balls....and putting up low enough scores to lower my average is seriously challenging. I used to play with much higher quality balls....however, I haven't upgraded my clubs since I became a "Champion" back in Nov. 2015.....so, I managed my stats using these pretty sorry clubs.

It appears that "maybe" if I manage to get my Average from 55.6 down to 55.0.....I might reach Tour Legend.  Great if I do, but, it's fine if I don't.  I sincerely appreciate everyone's input here.

Good Luck to everyone!

Jim

Uh, and no Jim, I didn't say you play only B of P 5's, I said you played a lot of B o P 5's & still play a lot of B o P 5's

Re what ball/clubs you use Is your prerogative & once you're enjoying the games who cares what clubs/ball anyone uses

Best of luck In Tiering up

Ken

• SouthernSlam
    215 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:03 PM

I looked at membership list of one CC and they had several tour champions with an average exceeding 64 and level 120 and below. I guess its who you know.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:33 PM

Good thing you are only "guessing", I guess.

Average has to be 55.0 or below and then when you get the raise your average resets. So if you shoot, say, a couple of 62's and 63's right after you become TC your new average will be 62.50 and you begin the process of lowering it again. It can take time.

• Zombywuff15
    10 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2019 8:15 PM

Thanks for straightening this out. My question remains.... how many ranked rounds need to be played to saturate at Tour Champion? Haven’t been able to find that number yet. Thanks!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 1:15 PM

Zombywuff15:

Thanks for straightening this out. My question remains.... how many ranked rounds need to be played to saturate at Tour Champion? Haven’t been able to find that number yet. Thanks!

If I had to guess it's 200, although it could be 500 too.  Lol

Helpful and not helpful at the same time.  Sorry.  :) 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 24 2019 1:33 PM

It was 200 for me, I don't think they've changed it.

RSS