Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pebble Beach Front 9 not nice!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 8 2016 9:20 PM (26 replies)
  • Cleworthy
    3,464 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 9:15 AM

Play it like you play any hole.  Pick a club to put it in the fairway, hit your second shot onto the green and one or two putt.  That's what I always do... LOL

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2016 11:24 AM

Cleworthy:

Play it like you play any hole.  Pick a club to put it in the fairway, hit your second shot onto the green and one or two putt.  That's what I always do... LOL

LOL!

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2016 6:33 AM

be sure to club down off the tee, but you want to be as close to the cliff as possible

If you have to on your second, play left. Even if you come up short of the green in 2

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2016 6:35 AM

MBaggese:

From the tips I tee off with 3 wood and stay in the fairway...usually have 170-ish to the pin

I've found that 3 wood is often too much club unless slightly into the wind. There are times when I've had to use a 4 iron off the tee. However, I do prefer a 3 wood or a 3 iron as the angle is better from the far left side of the fairway

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2016 8:39 PM

Depending on wind speed and direction you can use anything from a 3 wood all the way down to a 6 iron. In one CC tourney with heavy winds I dropped down to the 6 iron and just barely stayed dry and on the fairway.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 8:13 AM

It's quite an amusing scene that comes to my mind.  Someone on a real golf course, standing on the tee hitting ball after ball over a cliff with a driver.  Seemingly unaware of the other clubs in their bag.

Thanks to the WGT community for answering this thread so considerately and resisting the temptation to be sarcastic.

One of us has to be a butt head  ;  )

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 2:16 PM

Lately, for giggles, I find myself trying to hit one of the roads on the left. Came real close yesterday. Might bounce OB, but fun none-the-less. 

:^)

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2016 6:50 AM

I've been playing this game for almost 9 years now. - (5/24/2007 membership date)

I've learned, though it doesn't necessarily show in my tier level or my scores, that closer is not necessarily better unless you're on the green. There is no shame in laying up, even off the tee.If you're playing PB 8 then I imagine you've played PB 7. I don't think you hit driver on the tee at 7 (or else you'd be complaining about every shot going into the ocean) - don't hit the driver at 8 either.

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2016 7:31 AM

lol, great post

• GRAntmoles
    402 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:14 AM

For me atm it's the approach shot onto the 8th green.

I just can't seem to get my head around the fact that it so far below me but I have to throw that below me number out the window and pretend it's level. Then add a little. 

Then just hope the hell the game doesn't decide it's not your day and put the ball over the back of the green.

I do like this course, but only because I have learned that I only seem to need to account for the wind.

Up & down doesn't seem to matter   ---   Well sort of - I think, maybe :)

RSS